The Student Room Group

Helppppp!!!!

Hey there
Im really confused like I dont know where my GCSE results will take me.I really want to do A levels but I am a grade down for all subjects and I was thinking of getting it all remarked but it seems reallly expensive as its £50 for each paper not subject so I'm very lost on the other hand I am thinking about retaking the year but from what I was told its going to be harder and I am going to regret it and be behind.
In conclusion Im thinking about going to 6th form because there is no way Im going to college or doing BTEC I really hate it
Thank you for you time!!
Original post by Lovecandy
Hey there
Im really confused like I dont know where my GCSE results will take me.I really want to do A levels but I am a grade down for all subjects and I was thinking of getting it all remarked but it seems reallly expensive as its £50 for each paper not subject so I'm very lost on the other hand I am thinking about retaking the year but from what I was told its going to be harder and I am going to regret it and be behind.
In conclusion Im thinking about going to 6th form because there is no way Im going to college or doing BTEC I really hate it
Thank you for you time!!

Have you considered what you might want to do after A levels (i.e. university, a career...?) Have you looked at alternate courses/qualifications that those will consider in lieu of A levels? How do you know that you would hate a BTEC? There are some BTEC courses in subjects similar to those covered at A level, which may be useful if you think you are better at coursework than exams.

As you say another option would be to resit the year. I wouldn't worry about it being harder (how can it be, you've already done it once so technically now everything is revision :smile: ), or being a year behind. At uni/in the workplace, there are people at the same stage who may be different ages, due to taking gap years/resitting etc. Everyone develops at their own pace :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest