The Student Room Group

I'm terrified on how I might not be able to pay for accomodation at Worcester.

My accommodation is £5,200 and I have to pay that in six installments from oct- april.

My maintenance loan is only £3,800

My student disability allowance hasn't been sorted yet, but that may end up with extra funding for me, there's also the hope I can get a part time job, but is their any other things I can do?
Original post by Shinkle
My accommodation is £5,200 and I have to pay that in six installments from oct- april.

My student disability allowance hasn't been sorted yet, but that may end up with extra funding for me, there's also the hope I can get a part time job, but is their any other things I can do?

Student Grants and Bursaries; god rest your soul in that godly accommodation cost ;_:
Reply 2
Original post by Shinkle

Unfortunately, Disabled Students Allowance won't give you extra money. It will only provide facilities and support to overcome problems you specifically have with uni study and life. Help with accommodation is now only given to those with the most severe disabilities.

£3800 is the minimum Maintenance Loan. Do your parents have a particularly high income? If not, then it would be worth phoning Student Finance to ask if you can be income-assessed. That should increase your Maintenance Loan. If your parents do have a high income, can they help you? Student Finance isn't intended to cover all of your uni living costs, just to contribute to them. It is assumed that your parents will continue to provide some sort of financial support whilst you are at uni (although many can't).*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending