The Student Room Group

is triple science really better than double science

i am taking triple science (about to enter year 11) and i was just wondering if it better than double science or even worse. what are your opinions on it
Reply 1
Original post by Haroony
i am taking triple science (about to enter year 11) and i was just wondering if it better than double science or even worse. what are your opinions on it

I'm not sure what you mean.
There will be more science because it is triple and not double.
It will take more of your time because there is more of it.
Reply 2
Original post by MCPC247
I'm not sure what you mean.
There will be more science because it is triple and not double.
It will take more of your time because there is more of it.

many people say triple science is the best but i was wondering if it really is because you have to do an extra and harder unit and could do bat in that one which will bring your overall grade down
If you're doing a science A level you might as well do triple science. If not then leave it.
If you apply to a sixth form with a B in additional science, they're more likely to take you than if u lets say messed up unit 3 and got a C for each science, also in my school idk bout yours, but kids that did triple science had 3 science GCSEs whilst those that did double science got 2 science GCSEs plus history or geography etc so id rather have the history or whatever and have more of a variety, or else u will get bored and sick of the subject and simply wont care

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took triple science and loved it. Science and maths is really my forte at school so my GCSE grades are better than they would have been had I taken double science. I am planning to take Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths at AS level.
If you are planning to do A levels in a science subject then triple science would probably be better as going into your A levels you will have more knowledge than a person who has only done double. However if you feel that your grades in science would suffer because you were trying to do too much then I suppose it's better to do less but do it well.
Original post by Haroony

I got forced to do triple and almost dropped out as we weren't learning the content fast enough, but at the end i ended up keeping it and am glad i did. Ultimately you have more 'harder' content to learn and is an extra GCSE ... plus it sounds better than double science.

Quick Reply

Latest