The Student Room Group

Maybe it would be good if Hillary won

Sometimes things need to get worse before they can get better, and that may be the case now. If Trump won, he'd make many people very upset, and they'd have reason to be upset. It may only result in a stronger, more justified backlash of the left, and a greater popularisation of it, and on top of that more of the left siding with the SJW culture as they feel a need to distance themselves as much as possible from Trump and his followers. Whoever came in next may be someone who will appease the SJWs far more than Hillary does.

If Hillary gets in, she will mess things up royally. She will likely expand on being the war hawk she already is, and there will likely be a huge recession while she is in power. This recession will likely happen under Trump too, but under Hillary, the supposedly left wing candidate, it will cause people to totally lose confidence in her, and in their own foresight and ideas. If Hillary won, many on the left may realise they made a mistake in thinking she would serve any of their causes well. Plus, on top of that, she may let in a huge amount of migrants and there will be stories coming out which will make people very angry, just as they did in Cologne.

After this, no one will trust the left again, and SJWs far less. And perhaps, just perhaps, the candidate to save us all won't be the belligerent, loud mouthed, tactless, narcissist that Trump is, but someone else far more sensible who takes the path that Trump carved out, and uses it to serve the Trump supporters whom I sympathise with, but who I think have the wrong idea about him. Many Trump supporters I think are actually classical liberals. Even Milo Yiannopolous admits he essentially is one. They're classically liberal in every respect except their conservative attitudes towards immigration, which they see as necessary in order to preserve liberalism. They think Trump is the man to represent them, but I'm not so sure. I sympathise with them, but I think they're a little misguided.

But perhaps after a few disasterous years of Hillary's America, there would emerge someone more appropriate.
(edited 7 years ago)
I met a lot of Americans on my travels and all of them aren't voting.

I get the reasoning behind wanting Clinton to win, but currently she's shooting herself in the foot just like Remain did during Brexit.

Calling people 'racists', telling them that they shouldn't vote Trump, calling them 'stupid', etc...

I stand by what I said 4 months ago: Trump is going to win.
OF COURSE, ANYONE over Trump, I am worried about someone who tried to sue Bill Maher for a comedic joke being in charge of not only nuclear weapons, but also probably the greatest superpower in the west.
Reply 3
Original post by alevelstresss
OF COURSE, ANYONE over Trump, I am worried about someone who tried to sue Bill Maher for a comedic joke being in charge of not only nuclear weapons, but also probably the greatest superpower in the west.

Coming from someone who would support a fatwa against Maher for his criticisms of Islam.
soros.jpg

Yeah we need another prostitute in power like Obama. First woman President that's so much more important than the destruction people like her cause in the world.

I would recommend people check out every one of those on Hillary's list. They all have one thing in common, can you guess what it is?
I want trump to win just to see what happens
a professional liar or a successful businessman
pick one
Original post by KingBradly
Coming from someone who would support a fatwa against Maher for his criticisms of Islam.

This right here is proof that you don't actually read my posts :laugh:
Reply 8
Original post by KingBradly
Sometimes things need to get worse before they can get better, and that may be the case now. If Trump won, he'd make many people very upset, and they'd have reason to be upset. It may only result in a stronger, more justified backlash of the left, and a greater popularisation of it, and on top of that more of the left siding with the SJW culture as they feel a need to distance themselves as much as possible from Trump and his followers. Whoever came in next may be someone who will appease the SJWs far more than Hillary does.

If Hillary gets in, she will mess things up royally. She will likely expand on being the war hawk she already is, and there will likely be a huge recession while she is in power. This recession will likely happen under Trump too, but under Hillary, the supposedly left wing candidate, it will cause people to totally lose confidence in her, and in their own foresight and ideas. If Hillary won, many on the left may realise they made a mistake in thinking she would serve any of their causes well. Plus, on top of that, she may let in a huge amount of migrants and there will be stories coming out which will make people very angry, just as they did in Cologne.

After this, no one will trust the left again, and SJWs far less. And perhaps, just perhaps, the candidate to save us all won't be the belligerent, loud mouthed, tactless, narcissist that Trump is, but someone else far more sensible who takes the path that Trump carved out, and uses it to serve the Trump supporters whom I sympathise with, but who I think have the wrong idea about him. Many Trump supporters I think are actually classical liberals. Even Milo Yiannopolous admits he essentially is one. They're classically liberal in every respect except their conservative attitudes towards immigration, which they see as necessary in order to preserve liberalism. They think Trump is the man to represent them, but I'm not so sure. I sympathise with them, but I think they're a little misguided.

But perhaps after a few disasterous years of Hillary's America, there would emerge someone more appropriate.

NO it will not be
I'm assuming that the professional liar would be the one who lied about seeing thousands of Arabs celebrating on rooftops in Newcastle Jersey on 9/11, which was refuted by the New Jersey police.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
pretty much nobody on the 'left' likes hillary either, theyre only voting for her bc they want to stop trump getting power (at least those that aren't voting third party, which is kinda an idiotic idea bc that won't stop trump)
People shouldn't have to vote for either of them. And they don't need to. There are third parties, remember? Imagine if this was finally the year.

#FeelTheJohnson

But Trump winning would amuse me. If I had to pick one of the two great evils, it would be him. Not because I think he'd be a good president, mind you, but because it would piss off so many smug, preachy liberals and give the system a good shock.

Would a Trump presidency trigger a surge in SJW-ism? I don't know. But hopefully it would demoralise them and signal the beginning of a new era.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending