The Student Room Group

Is being straight slowly becoming rare?

These days almost everybody is gay, unlike fifty years ago when it was unheard of.

So is being straight becoming like how being gay used to be?
No.
ppl just come out more cos it is more accepted so there are probably still the same amount of straight people as before just fewer pretending to be straight.
unless you count all those trendy 'helicopter sexual' or whatever which imho is a load of rubbish.
I dont think so. As being gay is more accepted now, there will probably be people thinking, 'What's the fuss all about?' and experimenting, but that doesn't change their sexuality. Some people believe that all humans are bisexual/fluid but homophobia pushed it down. However, it's just more likely that you're seeing more gay people confident in coming out without prejudice or discrimination, not a massive increase in gay people. :smile:
Your last 3 threads have been:

This one

What's wrong with being homophobic?

Help!! I think I'm gay!!

Just stop please
Well 50 years ago people would have gotten attacked/insulted for being Gay significantly more due to culturally differences to nowadays. Then again I didn't live around those times so i may be a bit wrong on that. But I do know being Gay is far more acceptable now, thus people are more willing to ''come out of the closet''/express it through what ever means.

Among women though i know what you mean... it seems quite a few girls go through a 'Bi phase', some are actually Bi of course. Ok I just re-read your last sentence I'm guessing this is a troll post but **** it.. I have already written more then I do in exams... if it's not yh well the above hopefully answers that.

If you really aren't trolling... well put it this way if the last sentence is true western countries would drop in population. As far as i know the population is growing steadily.
Reply 5
Why are you guys giving this dimwit attention? It should be obvious by now he's trolling...
No one is that thick, honestly
Original post by AndrewSCO
Your last 3 threads have been:

This one

What's wrong with being homophobic?

Help!! I think I'm gay!!

Just stop please

It's just a phase. OP is only seven years old and found out what a gay person is.

Quick Reply

Latest