Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can I do the first year of another degree with a CertHE in another subject already?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Dear SFE

    I'm writing to enquire if it would be possible for me to get funded to do the first year of another degree subject. I attended university for two years from 2013-2015 studying Chemistry however I left in the second year due to bereavement. I passed my first year at the institution and was awarded a CertHE.

    I am now looking to continue my university education in a slightly different subject, medicinal chemistry and most of the universities I've contacted won't let me go straight onto second year as my first year grades weren't the best as I lost a cousin around december time. I'm planning to apply to reclaim the second year of funding via Compelling Personal Reasons due to the two bereavements I had, if my claim is successful would I be able to use the reclaimed year towards the first year of a medicinal chemistry degree?

    I'm sorry if this is a lot and it's complicated but I'd really appreciate some advice here

    Brian SFE
    Carly SFE
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.