The Student Room Group

learning chemistry & physics& lots of maths to A* at A2 (advice?)

As with maths the general strategy is to go through the theory in aid with questions and then do questions, as many as you can find and many more.

Since I will likely be living and breathing A levels as I have for the past week, my question now stands : "How do you best learn chemistry/physics for a guaranteed A* at A-level?"
Please note this is not a question about memory; which method is better to
Considering many methods :
doing questions
reading theory
visualizing theory
flash cards
summarizing
(no I'm not saying teaching others)
specification aimed theory
past papers spam (I'm doing the new spec so I have none)
Writing out to be learnt information
any other method that was found excellent?

Goals:
I write neatly
I write adequate answers
I absolutely answer every question within less than the recommended time.
I make no errors
I recall the right answer to the right question
Finally I receive an A* in the A-level subjects

What exactly should be the procedure: tips, hints?
(remember I will be pretty much studying all day everyday)

Again back to maths now, I have realized that at times I may learn a specific formula(this is an example for maths) and without any problems I am able to complete all questions without any issues using it and remember x for example
other times this same thing happens except I manage to get stuck in multiple ways (irrelevant of difficulty) and end up fixing it myself after time. Is there any advice for maths to avoid a pitfall like that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Vanetti
As with maths the general strategy is to go through the theory in aid with questions and then do questions, as many as you can find and many more.

Since I will likely be living and breathing A levels as I have for the past week, my question now stands : "How do you best learn chemistry/physics for a guaranteed A* at A-level?"
Please note this is not a question about memory; which method is better to
Considering many methods :
doing questions
reading theory
visualizing theory
flash cards
summarizing
(no I'm not saying teaching others)
specification aimed theory
past papers spam (I'm doing the new spec so I have none)
Writing out to be learnt information
any other method that was found excellent?

Goals:
I write neatly
I write adequate answers
I absolutely answer every question within less than the recommended time.
I make no errors
I recall the right answer to the right question
Finally I receive an A* in the A-level subjects

What exactly should be the procedure: tips, hints?
(remember I will be pretty much studying all day everyday)

Again back to maths now, I have realized that at times I may learn a specific formula(this is an example for maths) and without any problems I am able to complete all questions without any issues using it and remember x for example
other times this same thing happens except I manage to get stuck in multiple ways (irrelevant of difficulty) and end up fixing it myself after time. Is there any advice for maths to avoid a pitfall like that?

You answered all your questions, the path to all A*'s is a lonely one you make your own success this gets you all A*'s. Ask for help with things when needed, saves time.

Quick Reply

Latest