The Student Room Group

Want to study medicine but don't know how...

Hi!
I was planning on applying to the foundation medicine course at Manchester University but wanted to wait to apply until I knew what my a-level grades were. The entry requirements before were AAB and another AS but the grade didn't matter - this was confirmed when I spoke to the admissions tutors when I visited on open days also. However now the entry requirements are AAA and a C at AS. I got AAB in my a-levels and a D in an AS. I'm now stuck as to what to apply for as I really want to study medicine (I haven't studied chemistry however) but have no idea how it is possible.
Does anyone know if I can still apply for any foundation courses? I've heard of people going abroad to study medicine but I have no idea if I meet the entry requirements for those either.
Thank you very much in advance! :smile:
Original post by _randomthoughts
Hi!
I was planning on applying to the foundation medicine course at Manchester University but wanted to wait to apply until I knew what my a-level grades were. The entry requirements before were AAB and another AS but the grade didn't matter - this was confirmed when I spoke to the admissions tutors when I visited on open days also. However now the entry requirements are AAA and a C at AS. I got AAB in my a-levels and a D in an AS. I'm now stuck as to what to apply for as I really want to study medicine (I haven't studied chemistry however) but have no idea how it is possible.
Does anyone know if I can still apply for any foundation courses? I've heard of people going abroad to study medicine but I have no idea if I meet the entry requirements for those either.
Thank you very much in advance! :smile:

Hello !

Sorry you didn't meet the requirements for the course you wanted :sad: :console:

Yep people (like me :biggrin:) apply abroad. The entry requirements are not that high, and you usually have to pass an entrance examination. Sometimes you can apply with A-level results, and yours seem good enough to me for you to apply like that.

Now it all depends on where you want to go ? There are loads of medical schools abroad, any idea of a country you'd like to go to ?

I applied to 4 Czech medical schools and visited 3 of them, If you have questions about that don't hesitate !

I am also preparing for IMAT, it's an entrance examination for Italian medical schools.

You can contact Medical Doorway to help you, they'll give you advices and will tell you in which school you can apply to. I've been helped by them for my whole process and they've been a huge help ! https://www.medicaldoorway.com

If you have any particular question I'd be happy to help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest