The Student Room Group

9A* 1A and 1B at GCSE is this good enough?

Later on in life when I apply to Uni will this look good or will they look down upon the fact that I got the B. ;?

Scroll to see replies

It is beyond good!
Reply 2
No one cares, unless the B is the subject you're applying for. Or something very closely related (i.e. maths for physics/engineering degrees), and even then a good A level result in the subject will mean that no one cares about GCSE
Reply 3
Original post by Undec
Later on in life when I apply to Uni will this look good or will they look down upon the fact that I got the B. ;?

Stop attention seeking you know it is a really good set of results
Reply 4
I cant tell if this is a troll?
Your grades are fine. Just make sure your a-levels are just as good as they count more to universities.
What do you want to do at university if you know?
Reply 5
are u trolling???
Original post by dh12345

That's why he's only asking about the B. I'd be worried as well if I was applying to something competitive
Reply 7
Original post by dh12345

I'm honestly not, I wanted a honest opinion from the members on this forum, which a lot of go to good Uni's and have experience with the education system. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was bragging or something but maybe thats why I got the B in English Language.
Original post by Undec

Please apply to Anglia Ruskin, your grades will be more welcome there
No you're going to fail with those laughable results. Good luck bud.

Seriously tho, they're great. That B will not come back to haunt you. Nice results!
Reply 10
Original post by Dnaap
I cant tell if this is a troll?
Your grades are fine. Just make sure your a-levels are just as good as they count more to universities.
What do you want to do at university if you know?

The B was in English Language.
Thing is I either want to do Law, Economics or something around that.
Bit concerned tbh
Original post by Undec

Not even Oxford or Cambridge will care about that B. You'll be fine.
stealth boast...

You can't seriously think everyone went to uni got those kind of results or better...and if you genuinely thought that I can't believe you got the results you did:wink: :biggrin:
Original post by Undec

nope it wont look good

are you joking these are brilliant grades
Reply 14
Lmaooooo I need your wisdom on this one @Aristotle's' Disciple :rofl:
Do GCSE results matter that much when you go to uni?

Anyway, you got 9A*s so you'll be fine. I only got 1:tongue:
I got 1A*, 8 As and 1B. It's fine..
I only got 1 A* (and about a million A's) and I'm perfectly happy with that.

With a set of results like those, you should be able to go anywhere, unless the B is in a closely related subject to what you want to do.

But even then, you have 2 years to rectify.
Reply 18
It's good mate but is it good enough?

It's short of that magical double digit 10 A* and it includes a B. Maybe resit?
No, it's not good enough. Universities, are going to slap you once they see that B. I'd be scared if i were you.

Quick Reply

Latest