The Student Room Group

Going into year 12..any advice?

I got my gcse results yesterday and tbh they wernt THAT bad, ig to 2A,3B,3C,2D (business and maths) I am going to be retaking maths in november and i just need some advice about resitting and how i should revise given i have about 2 months to cram everything in..again.

Also, any advice for the first year of sixth form? I will be taking RE, psychology, biology and english lit, along side my GCSE maths retake? Revision tips for a-levels as i have heard theres going to be a workload!! do i start revising now? I start in a week (Friday 2 Sept)I am hoping for 3 A at AS

Thanks x
(edited 7 years ago)
First things first you cant get a A* at AS, only A. Secondly are you sure you want to be taking 4 A-levels alongside a maths resit? Based on your GCSE grades imo it would be too much work. For maths just do as many past papers as you can, you should be able of getting a B/C from just this.
2 months for one GCSE isn't actually that bad if you think about it. Your GCSE 'period' is 24 months, and most people have around 12 subjects, and 24 / 12 is 2, so each subject you would be getting around 2 months of work (however, you would probably spend more time on English, Maths and Science)

Since you are also doing your a GCSE, I would start studying as soon as you possibly can. :h: Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest