Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Question about overpayment of grant?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi, I've been sent a letter concerning my 'overpayment' of £440 that I'm being asked to repay. On the phone, the person stated that this money was to tide me over in July, August and September until I received my next academic year's student finance. However, because I withdrew from the course (note: I finished the first year), this sum should be repaid.

What I need to know, however, is whether or not I have to repay this money. The reason for this is that I completed my first year of university, withdrew from the course/uni, and am now starting as a first year student AGAIN on a different course at a different uni.
    Surely, still looking to go into university etc... this reason for repayment of the £440 shouldn't be applicable to me, as it's effectively the same reason for receiving money as for most people who continue on the same course/uni, only mine have changed.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2016
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.