Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Corbyn gets angry at journalists for asking questions

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

This is classic Corbyn, he gets really pissed at a journalist for pointing out the obvious inconsistencies (i.e. lies) in his account of the train photo op stunt. He adopts that really pissy, patronising, angry demeanor that he often switches on for journalists who ask inconvenient questions (video in BBC link below)

This is not Soviet Russia or Venezuela, he can't shout down journalists simply because they ask questions he doesn't want to answer. A really good example of when he puts on that really patronising voice is here in this video below (go to 20 seconds in and watch as he goes a bit mental);

When he points on that really patronising tone, it's clear he thinks he's lecturing some reprobate student (even though Corbyn himself got two E's at A-level, could only get into a mickey mouse degree "Trade Union Studies" and dropped out after a single term).

A third excellent example of him losing the plot at a "disrespectful" journalist is when he was asked a legitimate question on Channel 4 about having called Hamas his "friends". When he starts lying through his teeth, and the journalist tries to get a real answer he explodes and starts shouting

Classic Corbyn. Oh and hilariously Corbyn's office briefed Guardian journalists that actually this whole traingate episode was "good for his campaign". The level of delusion is astonishing. Perhaps the most telling of all;

One Labour source compared the campaign’s chaotic approach to that of a “pound shop Malcolm Tucker” — referring to the foul-mouthed spin doctor in political satire The Thick of It. Another complained that the leader was impossible to reach for some time on Tuesday because he was making jam.

I would say unbelievable, but it's not, is it? It sounds totally in character for him. He's so lazy, and so out of his depth, that he literally just absents himself and abandons his responsibility hoping that someone else will deal with it. Can anyone who is not a member of the personality cult seriously imagine him as Prime Minister?

It actually reminds me a lot of when he said this;

"I’m quite concerned that if I spend time in the office someone will always find something for you to do. There’s always a crisis that needs your urgent attention. If I wasn’t there, either the crisis wouldn’t happen or it wouldn’t need your urgent attention. But the fact I’m there means that it becomes my problem, not somebody else’s."
    I would really be looking forward to the election, to see him utterly destroyed by the Tories, if it didn't mean the Labour Party will be decimated as well (and many responsible, talented MPs who have tried to end this madness, will be too)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.