The Student Room Group

Are you allowed to have 2 student bank accounts?

does anybody know if you're allowed to have 2 student bank accounts?

I was thinking about HSBC and Santander, I know that HSBC want you to use them as your main account but I havent found anything about Santander saying anything similar so I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to open a HSBC account first and use it as my main (i.e putting my student loans into there) then open a Santander one later on for day to day spending?

Obviously I don't want to be doing anything illegal but wondering if this counts as breaking their terms and condition????

Thank you for your help!
Reply 1
no its not illegalJust keep both accounts active with regular debit and credit transactions and try not to go bankrupt
Just make sure you put atleast £500 in your santander acccount every term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by UJustGotLittUp
does anybody know if you're allowed to have 2 student bank accounts?

I was thinking about HSBC and Santander, I know that HSBC want you to use them as your main account but I havent found anything about Santander saying anything similar so I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to open a HSBC account first and use it as my main (i.e putting my student loans into there) then open a Santander one later on for day to day spending?

Obviously I don't want to be doing anything illegal but wondering if this counts as breaking their terms and condition????

Thank you for your help!

Yes Santander does say in terms and conditions you must use it as your main bank account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending