The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I am!
All I know is that it's on either the 22nd or the 23rd of September.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I suppose the only moving in story I have to tell is that I burst into tears and wanted to go home when I saw the state of my accommodation! But I was put in temporary for the first term because of more people accepting places and meeting offers than they expected, and because I was an insurance applicant, so I'm sure that won't happen to any of you! As for what you should expect, you'll be told where you can collect your keys from and there will be lots of friendly people in blue T-shirts wandering around to help. These are the Welcome Week team (second and third years- a couple of my friends have signed up for it this year.) You'll see lots of students and parents struggling with masses of luggage and everyone will leave their doors open so people can pop in to introduce themselves. Biscuits and chocolates are always good to take with you as an ice breaker and to make friends. Prepare to answer the questions 'what's your name? what are you studying? where are you from?' a million times.
Reply 3
kellywood_5
I suppose the only moving in story I have to tell is that I burst into tears and wanted to go home when I saw the state of my accommodation! But I was put in temporary for the first term because of more people accepting places and meeting offers than they expected, and because I was an insurance applicant, so I'm sure that won't happen to any of you! As for what you should expect, you'll be told where you can collect your keys from and there will be lots of friendly people in blue T-shirts wandering around to help. These are the Welcome Week team (second and third years- a couple of my friends have signed up for it this year.) You'll see lots of students and parents struggling with masses of luggage and everyone will leave their doors open so people can pop in to introduce themselves. Biscuits and chocolates are always good to take with you as an ice breaker and to make friends. Prepare to answer the questions 'what's your name? what are you studying? where are you from?' a million times.

Aww poor you :frown: That doesnt sound like the best start. Actually...that could happen to me :eek:
tomdav
Aww poor you :frown: That doesnt sound like the best start. Actually...that could happen to me :eek:

No, it wasn't really, but hey, I got used to it :smile: To be honest, unless either you choose one of the ridiculously expensive Travel Lodge-esque rooms at uni or your current house/flat is in a really bad condition, it's always going to be a bit of a shock suddnely having to slum it in student accommodation :p: I doubt it'll happen to you though. Even if the accommodation is still there, which it really shouldn't be, you'll get AAB and go to Warwick, so it'll be irrelevant :biggrin:
Reply 5
kellywood_5
No, it wasn't really, but hey, I got used to it :smile: To be honest, unless either you choose one of the ridiculously expensive Travel Lodge-esque rooms at uni or your current house/flat is in a really bad condition, it's always going to be a bit of a shock suddnely having to slum it in student accommodation :p: I doubt it'll happen to you though. Even if the accommodation is still there, which it really shouldn't be, you'll get AAB and go to Warwick, so it'll be irrelevant :biggrin:

Hehe lets hope so :p: thanks :biggrin:
almond_slice
I am!
All I know is that it's on either the 22nd or the 23rd of September.

September? are you sure? i thought it was october around the 15th? freshers starts around then no?
Reply 7
iceman_jondoe
September? are you sure? i thought it was october around the 15th? freshers starts around then no?

No.

The first day of term is October 1st, Freshers' week is the week preceding it.

Think about it, if Freshers' started on Oct 15th, term wouldn't start until the 22nd, leaving only nine weeks until Christmas Eve.

Term is ten weeks long and we'll finish in plenty of time for Christmas.

Not even Cambridge Freshers' starts as late as October 15th. Where on Earth did you get this idea from??
im sorry lol i read the term time thing they sent in the mail a long time ago, and had forgotten, ahh well the sooner we start the better i guess, i didnt know the term was 10 weeks long i didnt read that bit lol. ahh i just know im going to make it blatantly obvious im a noob when i go exeter
Reply 9
im really excited, ive already had my contract and everything. im moving in on sunday 23rd which is a shame because i was hoping for some saturday night fun!!
Reply 10
Anyone know which accommodation moves in on Saturday and which is Sunday yet?
Dunno why I'm asking really though, seeing as I don't even know where I'm going to be yet!:p:
http://www.guild.exeter.ac.uk/helpandadvice/welcome
Judging by the guides for last years freshers week catered is on the 22nd (Sat) whilst self catered is on the 23rd (Sun).

Best of luck everyone!
Reply 12
Last year some Holland Hall blocks moved in on the Saturday and the other blocks on the Sunday. I think it was the same in the other catered halls too, so I think you'll just have to wait until your contract etc. arrives with the information.
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :smile:
Reply 13
Im in Lafrowda Block L, and im moving in on the 22nd. Some of the other Laffy blocks move in on the 23rd. Freshers starts 24th.

Very Excited!

Latest

Trending

Trending