The Student Room Group

How do I know if a guy is flirting with me?

I only met him at the weekend.
He messages me more than is really necessary, replies almost instantly what ever time of day, and continues the conversation even if my last reply is a conversation ender.

I don't want to assume he's into me and attempt to drop the fact I have a boyfriend into the conversation, only to realise he wasn't into me.
It would ruin any chance of a friendship and he seems a decent and interesting guy.
Reply 1
You'll know if he starts sending dick pics
Well he's either really chatty or likes you. How does he behave when you see him in real life?
Didn't you consider this before giving him your number? Not very often a guy will ask for your number because he wants to be your friend (i could be wrong though).
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Well he's either really chatty or likes you. How does he behave when you see him in real life?

I only met him last weekend at a party... He acted the same as now - I thought it was because he was a bit drunk...
Reply 5
If he's not into you, why would you dropping the fact you have a boyfriend ruin the friendship?
Reply 6
Original post by phunky_fresh
Didn't you consider this before giving him your number? Not very often a guy will ask for your number because he wants to be your friend (i could be wrong though).

No I didn't :s
The conversation leading up to it was pretty innocent. We both have the same hobby. I was saying no how bad I was compared to everyone else, and he offered to take me cause he's got actual qualifications in teacher it but didn't really no anyone else in the group.
Don't lead him on just because you're afraid of repelling him. Just mention you're going to watch or go out with your boyfriend if he asks you about your day or something before swiftly moving onto something else.
Reply 8
Original post by Another
If he's not into you, why would you dropping the fact you have a boyfriend ruin the friendship?

Because I'm awful at casually dropping something into the conversation and it would make stuff awkward.
Reply 9
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Don't lead him on just because you're afraid of repelling him. Just mention you're going to watch or go out with your boyfriend if he asks you about your day or something before swiftly moving onto something else.

That would be a lie and I'm always so awkward when I lie XD but I see what you mean.
I don't answer the 'how was your day' questions. I normally try and turn it into banter or say something random...
When he says "I'm flirting with you."
When he looks at you like this:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by redbronze1
When he looks at you like this:

or

Quick Reply