Unis applied to: Oxford, Imperial, Durham, Loughborough, Bath
AS results: A: Maths, Further maths
C: Comp Sci
A level predicted: A*: Maths, Physics
A : Further maths

GCSEs (just for the lols): 6A's, 6B's and a U :colondollar:
AS Grades: Maths - A, Physics - A, Chemistry - A
Predicted: Maths - A*, Chemistry - A*, Physics - A

Uni choices: Bath, Loughborough, Southampton, Surrey, Sheffield (insurance)

Any suggestions? Any universities, other than Imperial, which is likely to give me an edge employment wise over Bath? I also hope to work in the space sector in the future, are any of these more suited than others for that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by PapaBless

Any suggestions? Any universities, other than Imperial, which is likely to give me an edge employment wise over Bath? I also hope to work in the space sector in the future, are any of these more suited than others for that?

Are you not applying to Imperial?? Other than that those choices seem great. I applied to Bath too its amazing for Aero haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23

Nvm just saw you are predicted an a in physics. They want an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by mahmzo
Nvm just saw you are predicted an a in physics. They want an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still worth a try though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surrey's probably your best bet for Space given SSTL, maybe Bristol would be worth a look? Although in terms of degrees EEE is probably better than Aerospace for getting into the UK space industry.
Original post by mahmzo
Still worth a try though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really work like that, never seen a highish ranked engineering school give offers if you're not predicted the required grades (even somewhere like Sheffield which lets everyone, their mum,and their milkman's dog in), can't imagine somewhere which is actually competitive like Imperial would.
im applying to swansea, nottingham, glasgow, leicester and uwe. got offers from uwe and nottingham. and glasgow rejected so any thoughts which one will be the best for the course in terms of class sizes, tutors etc? UWE and swansea modules looks decent.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 09JayanA
im applying to swansea, nottingham, glasgow, leicester and uwe. got offers from uwe and nottingham. and glasgow rejected so any thoughts which one will be the best for the course in terms of class sizes, tutors etc? UWE and swansea modules looks decent.

I'd go for either Swansea or Nottingham. Swansea's a good engineering school and it's a safe choice. On the other hand Notts degree looks a bit better but their Aerospace program specifically is quite new and will likely have teething problems due to the nature of the degree.
Reply 28
Original post by Helloworld_95
I'd go for either Swansea or Nottingham. Swansea's a good engineering school and it's a safe choice. On the other hand Notts degree looks a bit better but their Aerospace program specifically is quite new and will likely have teething problems due to the nature of the degree.

I have an offer from nottingham and surrey so far. There are only 50 people that get on the course lol. ( from their website )
Original post by DanMTSR
Similar to you -

My A-Levels: Maths, Physics, Computer Science, EPQ and Applied Science
My AS Grades: E, D, B

Not sure on universities at the moment.

hav u picked any yet
Reply 30
Original post by Helloworld_95
Surrey's probably your best bet for Space given SSTL, maybe Bristol would be worth a look? Although in terms of degrees EEE is probably better than Aerospace for getting into the UK space industry.

Doesn't really work like that, never seen a highish ranked engineering school give offers if you're not predicted the required grades (even somewhere like Sheffield which lets everyone, their mum,and their milkman's dog in), can't imagine somewhere which is actually competitive like Imperial would.

I got an offer from Southampton. Their entry requirements where A*AA but they gave me an offer.
My predicted were AAA.
My PS must have been quite strong. Considering there are 8 applicants for each space roughly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by mahmzo
I got an offer from Southampton. Their entry requirements where A*AA but they gave me an offer.
My predicted were AAA.
My PS must have been quite strong. Considering there are 8 applicants for each space roughly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or if you got an AAA offer maybe you fitted their contextual offer requirements.

Also, applicant per place stats are pretty meaningless. More useful is their offer rate: 82%

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by jneill
Or if you got an AAA offer maybe you fitted their contextual offer requirements.

Also, applicant per place stats are pretty meaningless. More useful is their offer rate: 82%

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i didnt get one. Their contexual offer is AAB. Its weird because my schools name is in bristols contexual list but not southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an "interview" at Loughborough. This basically means if I turn up and I don't embarrass myself I'll have an offer. :biggrin:It's for the BEng in aeronautical engineering (AAB)
Reply 34
Original post by goatygoat
Got an "interview" at Loughborough. This basically means if I turn up and I don't embarrass myself I'll have an offer. :biggrin:It's for the BEng in aeronautical engineering (AAB)

Its weire that not all unis ask for an interview lol. None of mine did and they are for MEng
Original post by mahmzo
Its weire that not all unis ask for an interview lol. None of mine did and they are for MEng

I should note I live really close to Loughborough, and looking at the program it's mainly just tours of the campus so I think their intent is simply to show off what they have and make themselves seem more prestigious by holding an interview.
Reply 36
Original post by mahmzo
No i didnt get one. Their contexual offer is AAB. Its weird because my schools name is in bristols contexual list but not southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you got their standard offer. Ok. As I said they give offers to the vast majority of applicants.

And the varying use of contextual data isn't "weird"... Every university makes its own decisions about which contextual elements are more significant for them.

Congratulations on your offer and good luck meeting it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
:t22:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by jneill
So you got their standard offer. Ok. As I said they give offers to the vast majority of applicants.

And the varying use of contextual data isn't "weird"... Every university makes its own decisions about which contextual elements are more significant for them.

Congratulations on your offer and good luck meeting it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is very weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for Kingston or hertforshire for aerospace engineering

Quick Reply

Latest