The Student Room Group

Repeating a year?

hi guys I'm in a bit of a situation right now, I've just received my As results and didn't go very well at all. I did maths,physics,economics and chemistry. I got a C in maths, C in physics, D in economics and an E in Chemistry. I know it didn't go well but I'm determined to do much better at A2. However, my parent s are pretty adamant I have to retake the year. I'm really not keen on the idea. I was just wondering do some top universities such UCL, LSE, Durham etc not look at you as this is a repeated year and second year of As. I think it will be a bit pointless to repeat the year and possibly achieve A grades then these universities to say no as this is the second year. Or do you think I should just go to A2 and try my best.
Thank you for taking time to read this and thanks for the replies.
Original post by Crazycooky1234
hi guys I'm in a bit of a situation right now, I've just received my As results and didn't go very well at all. I did maths,physics,economics and chemistry. I got a C in maths, C in physics, D in economics and an E in Chemistry. I know it didn't go well but I'm determined to do much better at A2. However, my parent s are pretty adamant I have to retake the year. I'm really not keen on the idea. I was just wondering do some top universities such UCL, LSE, Durham etc not look at you as this is a repeated year and second year of As. I think it will be a bit pointless to repeat the year and possibly achieve A grades then these universities to say no as this is the second year. Or do you think I should just go to A2 and try my best.
Thank you for taking time to read this and thanks for the replies.

Drop chemistry problem solved. The other grades can be salvaged.
Repeating the year isn't the end of the world though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest