The Student Room Group

Im rubbish at talking to girls

I'm 17 and am in sixth form. I've never had a relationship before and have never really done anything with a girl before.
However, there's this girl I like and have done for a while, but we never really spoke too often until recently. We started snapchatting fairly frequently for a few weeks after we had been on a school trip abroad where we got to spend time together, but it's all kinda slowed down since then and haven't really heard from her much recently and have not seen her since the trip(over a month ago). The problem is i really like her, but I just don't know how or what to tell her as, although I'm quite a confident guy generally, when it comes to girls I'm just awkward even though she's really easy to talk to. She goes to my school though so I will be seeing her there when school starts back again, but we never really spoke much at school in the past as we don't really have many mutual friends which makes it difficult for hanging out together in the common room or whatever, but I do think I'd be better off trying to speak to her in person rather than texting etc.
Would really appreciate it if you guys could give me any advice on how to talk to her and channel across how I feel about her, but also any advice about how I can tell if she feels the same way about me and just what you think about it all as well.

Apologies if this isn't written very well and have missed any key things out, but am happy to give any extra details if you ask. Thanks.
Reply 1
When you see her in School approach het, ask about her holidays. Then ask her if she eants to meet for lunch, she can only say yes or no. Take it from there mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
First of all, there's nothing abnormal about not having had a relationship before. I've never had a relationship before either, and I'm sure there's a tonne of people out there who haven't either. Second of all, don't worry about not being good with talking to girls. It's the fact that you're worrying that's probably making you think that. Just be confident. I'd definitely recommend trying to find and talk to her when school starts, and possibly start of the conversation like 'long time no see!' or somethibg like that. If she reciprocates, make sure to keep in touch with her. Then whenever you're ready, ask her out! Worst case she rejects you, which is fine. You'll meet another girl someday, and it's better to ask than not. Anyway good luck and all the best :smile:
Original post by metamorphic
First of all, there's nothing abnormal about not having had a relationship before. I've never had a relationship before either, and I'm sure there's a tonne of people out there who haven't either. Second of all, don't worry about not being good with talking to girls. It's the fact that you're worrying that's probably making you think that. Just be confident. I'd definitely recommend trying to find and talk to her when school starts, and possibly start of the conversation like 'long time no see!' or somethibg like that. If she reciprocates, make sure to keep in touch with her. Then whenever you're ready, ask her out! Worst case she rejects you, which is fine. You'll meet another girl someday, and it's better to ask than not. Anyway good luck and all the best :smile:

appreciate the advice man, I'll give it a go and see how it goes :smile:
Original post by Procastination
I'm 17 and am in sixth form. I've never had a relationship before and have never really done anything with a girl before.
However, there's this girl I like and have done for a while, but we never really spoke too often until recently. We started snapchatting fairly frequently for a few weeks after we had been on a school trip abroad where we got to spend time together, but it's all kinda slowed down since then and haven't really heard from her much recently and have not seen her since the trip(over a month ago). The problem is i really like her, but I just don't know how or what to tell her as, although I'm quite a confident guy generally, when it comes to girls I'm just awkward even though she's really easy to talk to. She goes to my school though so I will be seeing her there when school starts back again, but we never really spoke much at school in the past as we don't really have many mutual friends which makes it difficult for hanging out together in the common room or whatever, but I do think I'd be better off trying to speak to her in person rather than texting etc.
Would really appreciate it if you guys could give me any advice on how to talk to her and channel across how I feel about her, but also any advice about how I can tell if she feels the same way about me and just what you think about it all as well.

Apologies if this isn't written very well and have missed any key things out, but am happy to give any extra details if you ask. Thanks.
Hi first of all think positively of yourself, you're only 17 so still very young in the grand scheme of things! :smile: Just talk to her when school restarts, ask her how her summer was & things like that, then when you feel the timing is right ask if she wants to catch up for a coffee or something? If she doesn't reciprocate interest the don't take it too personally/dwell on it & move on with your head held high and chalk it down as a learning experience, & remember that you at least tried your best and there's many other girls in the world! :smile: If she does seem to reciprocate then fantastic, you can get to know her more & vice versa, & the hopefully it would develop into a relationship! :smile: Confidence in yourself and a positive outlook is key, don't get too outcome dependent, be yourself, take things naturally & hopefully everything works out for you. Best of luck! :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending