The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Parking at Cardiff Met Uni Llandaff Campus

Hi, I'm going to Cardiff School of Art & Design at Llandaff Campus. I am unsure where to park, if anyone could help me out by telling me where I can park near the Campus or if I can park on the campus? Thanks.
Original post by lizriend96
Hi, I'm going to Cardiff School of Art & Design at Llandaff Campus. I am unsure where to park, if anyone could help me out by telling me where I can park near the Campus or if I can park on the campus? Thanks.

From the website it seems like parking on campus is a no-go - it says that spaces are severely limited.

If you do not get an answer here I would advise looking around the area for a road with free parking, if you're lucky. There was one at my uni which was maybe a 5-10 minute walk away.
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, there is no student parking anywhere nearby. Tesco is limited to 2hrs, and they are VERY strict about it. Llandaff has pay and display short stay in the centre, can be expensive though if staying all day.
Apparently the rugby club next door to Cardiff net open for uni parking, it's a couple of pound all day, but you need to arrive about 8am otherwise it's a no no.

Some park in Wickes/staples car area, street parking, you're looking at Gabalfa, but I was warned against it because locals are known to damage cars when they realise why you are parking there.
If you can bus it, it's highly recommended.

I asked during my interview about parking and am repeating exactly what they told me. I'm going to be either walking or cycling. I live about 45 min walk away with no bus route to the uni.
HTH
Last year, me and my friends always parked in staples and it was always fine with no damage:smile: I wouldn't advice the streets though as they can complain a lot.

Original post by Weapon
Hi, there is no student parking anywhere nearby. Tesco is limited to 2hrs, and they are VERY strict about it. Llandaff has pay and display short stay in the centre, can be expensive though if staying all day.
Apparently the rugby club next door to Cardiff net open for uni parking, it's a couple of pound all day, but you need to arrive about 8am otherwise it's a no no.

Some park in Wickes/staples car area, street parking, you're looking at Gabalfa, but I was warned against it because locals are known to damage cars when they realise why you are parking there.
If you can bus it, it's highly recommended.

I asked during my interview about parking and am repeating exactly what they told me. I'm going to be either walking or cycling. I live about 45 min walk away with no bus route to the uni.
HTH
Tesco is free for up to 3 hours so it's good ignore your only in for 2 days.

The rugby club is £3.50 but usually full by 10am.

The big car park staples/wickes is good to park in I've never had no trouble.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Llandaff cathedral has parking. It's then literally a 5 min walk through the lane to uni. However I always parked at Tesco and walked up or if I was in for longer I'd park at the housing estate opposite Tesco :smile:
Definitely wouldnt park on gabalfa housing estate, my car was scratched 4 times and mirrors knocked off twice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending