Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to know if you really like someone

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm 23 and have never been interested in being in a relationship. As time goes on now I'm starting to think more that I'm ready.

I've never made an effort with guys really but recently I've been chatting to this one guy. Get on really well, chat for hours and all that. So we finally went on a date and it was such a let down. It didn't feel right at all and it made me wonder why?*

I think it's because when I want a relationship, I want it to be the start of falling for my best friend. I realise this isn't going to happen in just one date but am I right to rule him out or do I try a second date?*

I'd give them a chance for a second date. If the date really matters to him, he'll have learnt from his mistakes from the 1st date.
    Ask yourself how interested in this person you are, do you want to know if they get on well with their family? Is there something about them that attracts you but you can't quite put your finger on it? It's gonna take some time as you're new to this, but if any feelings persist for a long enough period, you'll know eventually.

How did you feel on the date?

And how do you want to feel?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.