The Student Room Group

Swapping my firm and insurance offer

I know probably lots of people have asked this question before but I really need help with this. I have accepted Bath as my firm choice and Warwick as my insurance choice at the moment, but I've changed my mind and I really want to go to Warwick now. Is it possible to swap my choices around? What do I need to do? Is it too late now? Does it matter if I'm classified as an overseas student? Please if anyone who has similar experience tell me what I should do!
Reply 1
All you can do is ask your firm to let you go, which they usually will. Then you can go to your insurance.
Dionysus
All you can do is ask your firm to let you go, which they usually will. Then you can go to your insurance.

:ditto: Phone Bath and ask them to release you, then Warwick will automatically become your firm. You can't have another insurance though, so you'll go straight into Clearing if you don't get the grades for Warwick and they don't let you in.
I did this a few months ago. What you have to do is phone your firm, ask them to contact ucas and tell them that you want to switch your firm and insurance around. So your firm becomes your insurance, and your insurance becomes your firm. You need to do the same with your insurance choice. When both uni admissions have contacted ucas, ucas will swap them over. They called me first to confirm it, then it was done in the same afternoon. :smile:
I've just phoned Warwick, and they said they would notify UCAS. But when I phone Bath, the lady there said that I have to phone UCAS first and if UCAS said it's alright then I phone the university. But I've heard that UCAS won't do that for you...
Well, they did it for me. I phoned my two unis and they both phoned ucas, then ucas phoned me to confirm and changed them both around.

Latest

Trending

Trending