The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

fun/history/sociology students?

I've finally thought its about time I start researching Warwick considering I'm hopefully (depending on the grades - gah!) going to be spending the next three years there in a haze of work, booze, partying, work and partying!..well hopefully...although some of the the reviews are placing more emphasis on the WORK and less on the PARTYING (eck!) and no freshers week? The thought of a week of drunken antics replayed every night for a week with no other commitments other than 'getting to know' other students and making as many friends and as much fun as possible was the only thing getting me through a monotomous summer of payed employment!!

anyway, I'm going to be studying history and sociology, and i've applied to stay at lakeside or whitefields.....anyone in the same boat??? or can anyone throw any light on the deal of the freshers activities available (or lack of) even if we dont get a week of them!? :wink:
i have whitefields as my first choice! as long as i get my grades i do hope i get to live there. i would have liked a proper freshers week, but i've heard that the first week's lectures are pretty easygoing anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad. as for the work/fun distinction, i plan on working quite hard, but also on having a lot of fun. for me the point of uni is to get a good degree, but also to make the most of not having a job, and having more free time than i may ever will again, and all funded by the cheapest loan i will ever get, so i'm sure that warwick wont be too dull. i'm studying philosophy, by the way. see you there, with some luck.
emma
xxx
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
cool, I thought that Whitefields looked really nice, although thats the only accomodation I looked round on the open day. My first choice was lakeside, but after doing more research into it, i've changed my mind! (I am one of the most indecisive people in the world). Whitefields was my third choice, I'm hoping I dont get my first two choices, but for the first time I suspect I'll get my first choice in something! Hopefully we'l both get the grades to study at Warwick and i'll see you in September!

Latest

Trending

Trending