The Student Room Group

Remarking history

Had 3 marks off the next grade. If I send 2 papers for a remark, how likely will it be that I gain those 3 marks? Is it worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by stressed turtle
Had 3 marks off the next grade. If I send 2 papers for a remark, how likely will it be that I gain those 3 marks? Is it worth it?

Well if you're 3 marks off the next grade boundary, it's unlikely that you'll drop 10-15 marks, so you would for sure not come down a grade. I think it's worth it. I'm also remarking History, what exam board were you with?
Reply 2
My History is being remarked too, I got two A's in my controlled assessments but for some reason they decided to give me a C instead bring my entire grade down from an A* to an A which I'm pretty pissed off about. I'm with CIE.
I did edexcel and have a feeling that one of my exams weren't marked properly
I got:
An A* in the first exam
A B in the second exam
And a D in the third exam which I thought was the easiest at the time and was confident I had done well in it
I came out with an overall B so is it worth a remark?
I'm remarking History as well and am 3 marks (4 UMS) off an A*. I'm only sending in paper 2 to be remarked so my chances will probably be a lot slimmer :redface:
Original post by Vyres
Well if you're 3 marks off the next grade boundary, it's unlikely that you'll drop 10-15 marks, so you would for sure not come down a grade. I think it's worth it. I'm also remarking History, what exam board were you with?

Thank you for your reply. I did my history with WJEC, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest