The Student Room Group

A-Level Business Studies, Psychology and Sports Science

Hey guys!!!!

So I'm finally off to sixth form and was wandering if anyone had any advice for the A-Levels listed in the title???

In GCSE I got
- A* PE
- A Business
- C in English Lang
- B Maths

I these are just the subjects that are relevant to my A-Levels my sixth form required a B in English Lang but because of my overall grades (2A*'s 3A's 5B's and 1C) they still let me enrol.

Any help on things I nees to learn beforehand or what to expect is much appriciated!!
(edited 7 years ago)
I took psychology at A level and although it was very challenging, it was one of the most enjoyable subjects I had!! It involves some basic maths skills (eg. graphs and stats tests) and is fairly essay based so as long as you feel confident in English you will be fine. The subject also pairs very well with sports science, so you may find a lot of overlap in the content.
In order to get the highest grade in psychology, you need to start memorising and revising the content from the very start of the year, making revision cards and posters of the studies and definitions you need to learn. Don't underestimate how much content there is in this subject; it took up a huge proportion of my time when revising.
I think your subjects are a fab combination, and you will have a great time in Sixth Form. Best of luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hattie_creese
I took psychology at A level and although it was very challenging, it was one of the most enjoyable subjects I had!! It involves some basic maths skills (eg. graphs and stats tests) and is fairly essay based so as long as you feel confident in English you will be fine. The subject also pairs very well with sports science, so you may find a lot of overlap in the content.
In order to get the highest grade in psychology, you need to start memorising and revising the content from the very start of the year, making revision cards and posters of the studies and definitions you need to learn. Don't underestimate how much content there is in this subject; it took up a huge proportion of my time when revising.
I think your subjects are a fab combination, and you will have a great time in Sixth Form. Best of luck. :smile:

Thank you so so much!!! Is there certain case studies that I should have prior knowledge of or anything I should go and look up?? Also lucky for me there is a whole paper in my sports science course on sports psychology. I'm taking AQA Psychology
Original post by _chloeematt
Hey guys!!!!

So I'm finally off to sixth form and was wandering if anyone had any advice for the A-Levels listed in the title???

In GCSE I got
- A* PE
- A Business
- C in English Lang
- B Maths

I these are just the subjects that are relevant to my A-Levels my sixth form required a B in English Lang but because of my overall grades (2A*'s 3A's 5B's and 1C) they still let me enrol.

Any help on things I nees to learn beforehand or what to expect is much appriciated!!

Hey, hope year 12 is going fine. I'll start sixth form in September and want to do sport science, I have an interest in Physics also so I'm considering PE, Psychology, Business and Physics. Do you reckon this would be a good selection?

Quick Reply