The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Living in university housing instead of halls?

Hi,

Because ive come through clearing im really concerned that i will be put in university housing instead of halls. Is university housing just me living by myself or will there be random 2nd and 3rd years there too? Is it miles from the university campus? Does it mean i cant enjoy freshers because im not in halls?. I really wanna be with people who are in my year.

Another problem i have is that i need to be on campus because i have a condition which makes me get tired easily so i dont wanna be walking a long distance to lectures everyday because i wont be able to cope.

What should i do :frown:?????
Original post by daisyfx
Hi,

Because ive come through clearing im really concerned that i will be put in university housing instead of halls. Is university housing just me living by myself or will there be random 2nd and 3rd years there too? Is it miles from the university campus? Does it mean i cant enjoy freshers because im not in halls?. I really wanna be with people who are in my year.

Another problem i have is that i need to be on campus because i have a condition which makes me get tired easily so i dont wanna be walking a long distance to lectures everyday because i wont be able to cope.

What should i do :frown:?????

Not lived in university managed housing, but I think I can answer your questions.

1) You'll be put with other first years. I have friends who were in a similar position to you and that is what happened with them.

2) There's two campuses, one mile apart. It depends what course you're on as to were you study. All the housing is located 5-10 minutes away from either campus.

3) You can still enjoy fresher's, just make sure you get the band (which is currently for sale!). It will be slightly more difficult to meet new people as you will be off-site, but if you make the effort to roam around campus, visit the SU bar and get chatting to people, you'll be fine. Chances are you'll meet someone who lives in halls and from there meet their friends, and their friends etc. I roamed everywhere when I started.

You will have to contact the uni directly in regards to your condition, so that they can make necessary arrangements.

Hope that helps. :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Hi, I am in University managed accommodation in the St Johns area. Anyone else 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending