The Student Room Group

Can I ever be normal ?

SO right now I'm doing volume based work in an insurance firm.I just hate the job at its causing me depression because I feel so lonely.*

In the job I've never fitted in. When I started all the people had their own groups and I never became a part of it . The place is in the middle of nowhere and everyone go out in their cars. I don't live that far so just walk it to work but I never have anywhere to go to so I have always ate my lunch at my desk and browse the net. I think people have noticed this as literally everyone leaves the office.*

Anyway I'm leaving the firm soon as I'm doing postgrad but I just can't help feel like a failure. *I suck at making friends. I'm a pretty quiet /shy person but when I started the job I made the effort. people seemed to want to talk to me but I didn't become a part of the group.*

I think the problem was with me not them. HOw can I change myself ? I don't think I have a good personality which might be turning people off. I want to be outgoing and interesting :frown:*
Reply 1
Join clubs/do things you enjoy outside of work, and meet people with similar interests. While at work, offer to make people coffee as a convo starter, ask about their weekend, and go from there. Just act natural, and don't worry about being "normal".

At the end of the day, people will want to talk to you if they feel you value their opinions and input, and they know you're approachable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending