The Student Room Group

One of my closest friends has suddenly blanked me

I made a good friend at uni. We always talked back then, hanged out and did work together. We continued to talk after graduation but recently she got a new job and made new friends, now she won't even say hi or respond to my messages. I know she's not got internet or phone problems because she's seeing my messages and she posts on instagram every day but continues to blank me for no reason.

I don't have many friends so this is very sad. How can someone treat the friendship like it was nothing?

Should I just block her or keep trying to contact her?
Original post by Anonymous
I made a good friend at uni. We always talked back then, hanged out and did work together. We continued to talk after graduation but recently she got a new job and made new friends, now she won't even say hi or respond to my messages. I know she's not got internet or phone problems because she's seeing my messages and she posts on instagram every day but continues to blank me for no reason.

I don't have many friends so this is very sad. How can someone treat the friendship like it was nothing?

Should I just block her or keep trying to contact her?

I'm sorry this is happening. Sometimes when people have moved on after uni, it's almost like they've started a new life. Now she has her job and new friends, she might just be looking for a new start. I wouldn't waste too much time on her now because it was still a bad move to just start blanking you, but maybe you could suggest meeting up at some point soon or just ask her what's going on. If she continues to outright ignore you though, I'd just move on and forget about her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending