The Student Room Group

How hard is a foundation year?

Hi, I am interested in studying an engineering foundation year at university, I am mainly looking at Sheffield and Leeds universities. I am taking the foundation year is I haven't studied the correct subjects to get direct entry to the course. my main worry is the maths I got an A in both Mathematics and Physics core and an A* at Physics Additional GCSE's if it helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
:bump:
It's pretty easy, if you put in a similar effort to what you do during A levels you'll do fine.
Original post by eyyyooo98
Hi, I am interested in studying an engineering foundation year at university, I am mainly looking at Sheffield and Leeds universities. I am taking the foundation year is I haven't studied the correct subjects to get direct entry to the course. my main worry is the maths I got an A in both Mathematics and Physics core and an A* at Physics Additional GCSE's if it helps.

Its not that difficult, easier than your 1st, 2nd etc years of uni will be, just put some work in and you'll be fine :smile:

I only got C's at gcse and got over 90% in both the maths and physics part of my foundation year (at leeds)
Reply 4
Original post by madmadmax321
Its not that difficult, easier than your 1st, 2nd etc years of uni will be, just put some work in and you'll be fine :smile:

I only got C's at gcse and got over 90% in both the maths and physics part of my foundation year (at leeds)

Sorry, I forgot to ask you with the foundation year at Leeds can you change what subject you want to do at degree level for example changing from aerospace engineering to aviation technology and pilot studies?

Quick Reply

Latest