The Student Room Group

I don't know how anyone can eat meat :-(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep whore

**** off back to your safe space.
Original post by silverbolt
i use a knife and fork, or fingers followed by teeth to get into that sweet, luscious, divine cooked animal carcass

... on its own and unseasoned. Seasoned tastes better, but unseasoned is fine. Instead I cannot eat unseasoned vegetables.
Original post by 0range
Becoming vegan is arguably the best thing someone can do to save the planet. We as a race are legit killing, and have been killing the planet for a long long long time.

You can google why it saves the planet, or just watch cowspiracy, that's centred around the planet more than the animals.

You being vegan is really not going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things. You're one person out of 7 billion
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I think it's perfectly okay to kill animals for meet, but I think slaughterhouse practices need to be more humane. I think it's important that you get your meat from good sources.

wtf thats like saying murder is justifiable just as long as you do it in a 'humane' way, never knew killing someone nicely makes all the difference
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I think it's perfectly okay to kill animals for meet, but I think slaughterhouse practices need to be more humane. I think it's important that you get your meat from good sources.

thats like saying murder is justifiable just as long as you do it in a 'humane' way, never knew killing someone 'nicely' makes all the difference
Reply 66
The one that won't give me a heart attack and the one that is healthier. So the first one.

Original post by Trapz99
You being vegan is really not going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things. You're one person out of 7 billion

Mathematically speaking, no matter how intrinsically small, 1/7 billion is still a number and hence is a difference. but it's not just me, There are prob hundreds of thousands of vegans on the planet making a difference. It all adds up.

On another note, it's categorically imperative to me that I contribute as little as I can to killing the planet. Now not saying the stuff I do doesn't kill the planet cause it does, but I try my best to minimise that as much as I can, and as feasibly as I can, and I'm quite happy with that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Who cares? I'm a strict vegetarian myself and I have no complaints about it. I don't look to change that in the future either since I'm happy with the lifestyle. I don't really understand why people are clashing over this. People eat meat, people don't eat meat. Big deal? Not really. With the whole 'damaging the world' argument or whatever, I'm sure both parties are guilty. Get over it.
First one wouldn't fill me up, second one has way too many layers.

Give me a McChicken Sandwich anyday.

I like animals. I hate animal abuse. I love meat.

Find me vegetables that are even half as tasty and filling as meat and I'll convert to veganism. But nobody has yet...
(edited 3 years ago)
I know what you mean, I don't want to offend anyone, but it is hard to understand why people continue to eat meat regardless of the effects on the animals and the environment. I guess people either don't really know much about it or just don't care, which is really sad.
Reply 70
Rare Argentinian sirloin steak.

Not to mention before we started growing food we were hunter and gatherers. Not to mention that what do you eat without flavoring? You eat pasta without anything? You eat rice without anything you eat potatoes without anything?
There is no difference between killing a mosquito and killing a lamb. Neither of them are aware enough to understand why they are being killed, so why does it matter, why would you care?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Okay, so a tiny history about moi. I used to be a full on vegetarian for almost 3 years, I attempted vegan but failed many times due to not being able to resist a cup of tea or coffee, or eating cake made with egg etc.

I tried meat a little while ago again, a few times and at the time I thought nothing of it. My mindset was "I've saved enough animals in the last 3 years, I can enjoy a chicken burger right?"

I was going through a rough patch at the time and was a bit numb to everything in life so I didn't really care where the meat was coming from or if the animals died for my plate.

The taste of meat was honestly SO not worth the few times I had it again. Meat alone is disgustingly plain, most of us would gag if were made to eat just that alone for a meal. It's only because it gets seasoned and flavoured that most people love it.

Anyway, I saw this video last night and I cried and cried. I feel that this kind of practice should be illegal, playing God with an innocent beings life. The way all the baby lambs huddled in fear because they knew that they would be next. This kind of killing makes me embarrassed of myself (that I tried meat again) and anyone who uses "meat is tasty" as an excuse for this type of killing.

[video="youtube;WO6Wd1i7eoM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6Wd1i7eoM[/video]

Anyway, I am now 100% vegan. I will not contribute to any of this disgusting behaviour. I've hated vegans in the past, especially militant vegans but honestly this is disgusting and it turns my stomach.

I haven't really got a question, I just felt like expressing these feelings somewhere. However please do comment if you eat meat and feel fine doing after knowing about all this stuff.

It's because we as a society are used to carnalism. No one likes to think about these things as long as the meat is wrapped up in nice bread and salad. It's a shame really.
I am a predator and the animals are my prey.

I have made an effort not to eat meat in the past (mainly because in the modern world i think you can more or less do without it) but i bore no guilt over eating another animal.
Reply 74
Original post by lucabrasi98
I'm literally and ironically reading this thread while eating chicken.

LOL:smile: I.m eating a delicious chicken and bacon sandwich.
Reply 75
Original post by IWMTom
We evolved by eating meat, and it's only little attention seekers like yourself who've come along recently and made the whole vegetarian/vegan bull**** rife. No offence to you, I respect your decision, but I personally couldn't care less about the animal - I like meat, I will eat meat.

Appalling attitude

And you're asking how we'd want to eat meat
Original post by IYGB
Appalling attitude

Appalling post.
Humans long ago have already realised that they are able to eat meat. It'll be difficult to avert all people from eating meat anyway!

Today, we have made sure animals are humanely slaughtered for their meat, such as stunning them to make them unconscious before death."Stunning - when performed correctly, causes an animal to lose consciousness, so the animal can’t feel pain. The law states that, with few exemptions, all animals must be stunned before ‘sticking’ is carried out." ~RSPCA These few exemptions being that Halal and Kosher meat, in which not all animals are stunned before death. "The Food Standards Agency (FSA) animal welfare survey undertaken in abattoirs across Great Britain during one week in September 2013 showed around 84 per cent of animals slaughtered by the Halal method were stunned before slaughter. " ~RSPCA Ultimately, meat's meat. But the animals in my opinion should die without feeling excruciating pain. I am a meat eater myself, and I am appalled by how Muslims and Jews are still using old methods of slaughter that ends up with animals slaughtered unnecessarily dying violently. The thing is, the way 'religious slaughter' is carried out is in a way that's based on subjective opinion. There are no concrete facts nor reasoning to justify why these animals should die in this way just so that religious people can eat it. The thing is, we don't even know if we're actually eating unstunned halal meat or not in our store shelves!Humans in this way feel like one of the worst species on the planet. If the world continues to do our role to make sure every animal doesn't feel pain by properly stunning them before death for meat and carcass, we can maintain the food needed for our survival while at the same time we respect animal welfare.
I'm a vegan and have been for 5 year now I couldnt even watch the video I just think that the way they do it is so cruel I mean I dont mind if people eat meat if the animal is already dead but I dont agree with them killing animals in this way its terrible!!

Quick Reply

Latest