The Student Room Group

ABBB at AS levels; realistic predicted grades?

So I just received my AS level results, and I got ABBB (maths, further maths, physics and econs)

For maths, I got an A: 292/300 ums.

For further maths, I got a B: 237/300 ums (I messed up on my D1 module. I got a C, while I got As in my other modules)

For physics, I got a B: 223/300 ums. (I messed up on my unit 2 IAL physics exam. I got a C, but As in my other physics modules)

For econs, I got a B: 108/160 ums (I'm planning to drop this at A2).

I'm planning to resit D1 and Unit 2 Physics.
I'm hoping that my predicted grades will be at least A*AA (for maths, further maths and physics). Is this realistic? I'm asking because I'm currently researching about potential unis to apply to.
Original post by Haamoo7
So I just received my AS level results, and I got ABBB (maths, further maths, physics and econs)

For maths, I got an A: 292/300 ums.

For further maths, I got a B: 237/300 ums (I messed up on my D1 module. I got a C, while I got As in my other modules)

For physics, I got a B: 223/300 ums. (I messed up on my unit 2 IAL physics exam. I got a C, but As in my other physics modules)

For econs, I got a B: 108/160 ums (I'm planning to drop this at A2).

I'm planning to resit D1 and Unit 2 Physics.
I'm hoping that my predicted grades will be at least A*AA (for maths, further maths and physics). Is this realistic? I'm asking because I'm currently researching about potential unis to apply to.

I could see you being predicted A*A in Maths/Fmaths but not sure if the Physics will be an A or a B. The best you can do is to work really hard during the early stages of the year, get really high grades and hope that they predict you an A for it.
A*AA would be the realistic maximum, but it depends on your teachers and college/school policy
(edited 7 years ago)
I had ABBB at AS and got AAB in the end.
Reply 4
I got ABBB at AS then at A2 got A*A*A with only one AS retake. Worked much harder at A2 though
I had friends who got CCDE and got predicted 3 As. Just convince your teachers, tell a few lies (i'll work harder blah blah blah) and they'd predict you it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest