The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Tell me about Manchester!

I've had a sudden change of uni's I want to apply to, and Manchester is in the frame. It won't be my first choice but it will be a choice. I won't be able to visit any open days so I've ordered a prospectus and I'm trawling around the website, but I hoped some of you students already there could tell me what it's like? I'm applying to do Law so if you do that too, great!

What is life like in Manchester, the people, the university? Accommodation? Nightlife?

Hope you can all help me! :P
They will have more open days in Sept / Oct (before the Oxbridge deadline). Why not visit then?

I studied there and had a fantastic time - wouldn't have swapped it for the world.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
They will have more open days in Sept / Oct (before the Oxbridge deadline). Why not visit then?

I studied there and had a fantastic time - wouldn't have swapped it for the world.

I'm already visiting Manchester Met and Newcastle in September/October and the open days either fall on the same day or I can't make it. It's hard for me to get the time off work and it's awkward to get to because I need to get a train.
Original post by GeorgeB16
I'm already visiting Manchester Met and Newcastle in September/October and the open days either fall on the same day or I can't make it. It's hard for me to get the time off work and it's awkward to get to because I need to get a train.

If the MMU and UoM open days fall on the same day, then be aware that the two universities are literally next door to each other - you could feasibly do both in one day.
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
If the MMU and UoM open days fall on the same day, then be aware that the two universities are literally next door to each other - you could feasibly do both in one day.

It's funny you say that, I've got an email from MMU saying that UoM is having one on the same day so I might consider doing that! :P
Hello folks!

I think that if you are new to Manchester Uni and/or this year will be your first one in this city, you should check out this thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4293700

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending