The Student Room Group

Shall i retake maths!?

I got an E for my AS maths but I'm dropping it, shall I retake it or leave it? Will UNI's see it?

I was genuinely shocked, because I started revising in January. Everyone's saying that I had burnt myself out too early, I was non-stop revising, doing papers, I feel like I was robbed.
Hey,

I can definitely relate to you. I have been studying AS Maths nonstop over the entire Christmas break until the exams, knowing it was one of my weakest subjects, I was honestly expecting at least a A or B at AS but ended up 3 UMS away from a C.

Completely devastated. Also considering resitting AS and perhaps dropping A2...

Best of luck to you,
James
Reply 2
I'd say yes, have a go at it again. First you need to figure out why exactly you got an E. Did you really understand the material? Can you explain why we do algebra, where a quadratic comes from, why we solve a cubic and why the laws of indices work? Why 7^0=1? What is differentiation? That kind of thing. If you can, then you'll do better next time. If not, that's why you got an E.
Reply 3
It depends, but if you're dropping it then I'll advise that you continue studying for your other A-levels - they are the important ones!
However, if you think that you will get a good grade without too much revision, then you can have another go.

Quick Reply

Latest