The Student Room Group

Politics or Law A level?

So, I originally wanted to do English Literature as one of my A levels, but I didn't get a B in English Language.I definitely want to become a lawyer. I have already picked History and Sociology. Should I do politics or Law A level as a 3rd option? Before some of you suggest that I should do Science subjects, I only got a C in my Science. Also, I hate Maths, so I definitely wouldn't want to do it at A level.
Why not do a language like French or German?
Reply 2
Original post by _aishahxo_
So, I originally wanted to do English Literature as one of my A levels, but I didn't get a B in English Language.I definitely want to become a lawyer. I have already picked History and Sociology. Should I do politics or Law A level as a 3rd option? Before some of you suggest that I should do Science subjects, I only got a C in my Science. Also, I hate Maths, so I definitely wouldn't want to do it at A level.

I'd probably do Politics. I've heard a lot that Law isn't that respected of an A-Level and that you go over it all anyway at university. Politics seems to be quite a good A-Level in terms of content (I know people who took/take it) and it's quite respected from what I heard.
Also, you'll probably be generally more interesting if you can talk about Politics, even if you don't want to study it at university and could use that 'wide range of interests' to buff your personal statement too.

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by _aishahxo_

Politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely politics as it's seen as a good academic subject. On the other hand, law isn't well respected by unis

Quick Reply

Latest