The Student Room Group

Can we please stop with the GCSE "Am I good enough threads"?

Some people are flooding the feeds with the typical:

"I got 420 A*s at GCSE. Can I get into medicine?"

There are dedicated megathreads for this kind of thing.

You know your grades are good.

I literally saw a thread saying

"I got 11 A*s at GCSE", followed by... "Are these grades good?"

What the absolute ****?

Jesus Christ!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I mean what else do people on tsr have to feel secure in themselves apart from academic qualifications...
Reply 2
OK, since you asked nicely.
WOWWWW
"Jesus Christ!" :lol:
Reply 5
I agree. A lot of people tend to indirectly brag about their grades :smile:
Well, I don't mind it if they're talking about getting into something like medicine, as it's very competitive, but it is annoying when people are clearly bragging about their grades when no one gives a ****. A bit of trolling can be funny sometimes though.
Nobody is forcing you to read those threads. Most of the stuff posted in the Chat forum is infinity more annoying and puerile than the 'am I good enough' threads. Live and let live.
Reply 8
There are a LOT more annoying thigs which come up on tsr, althouh there are a lot of people who boast about GCSEs, the majority are just anxious and trying to get advice on how strong their application would be for medicine, Oxbridge etc as it is extremely competitive.
Anything for you, Jesus baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Completely, 100% agree. These people are pissing me off, their grades indicate that they're intelligent but they clearly don't have the brainpower to check the website of the university for entry requirements or to search for other identical threads (which even the three blind mice should be able to find on this site). I can only assume that they're after "oh wow you're so clever" -type comments; it's only GCSE calm down.
I only got 3 GCSEs. Can I get into medicine?
Original post by JRKinder
Completely, 100% agree. These people are pissing me off, their grades indicate that they're intelligent but they clearly don't have the brainpower to check the website of the university for entry requirements or to search for other identical threads (which even the three blind mice should be able to find on this site). I can only assume that they're after "oh wow you're so clever" -type comments; it's only GCSE calm down.

This^ x100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jesus Christ!

What the absolute ****?

Jesus Christ!

Not enough of the word "****". Sounds too flowery now.
If they all really thought everyone who got into medicine/oxbridge/russel group/uni had the same or better than all their A's and A*'s I'm surprised they got those grade in the first place

Stealth boasting at it's finest
Reply 15
That's fine. What uni does he/she want to go to?
And what course cause barring medicine it shouldn't be a problem for the targets
Original post by Jesus Christ!

What the absolute ****?

Jesus Christ!

lol I saw that post too!! :tongue:
Welcome to TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR wouldn't be TSR without these threads
Exactly!

Quick Reply

Latest