The Student Room Group

Rate Philosophy degrees

Hi all,

I've never thought of myself as the kind of person who might study a degree in Philosophy. But here I am, doing just that.
I want to be a journalist- or someone who travels and dishes their opinion about- but would philosophy be a useful degree to get me there?
I mean I like English but I think it's too hard- I've never really understood it. I feel like Philosophy is Literature but just kinder to my brain.
Anyway, Philosophy degrees- thoughts?

BTW for AS I got AAAAC in Economics, English Literature, Religious Studies, Spanish and History.
Original post by RogerFedora
Hi all,

I've never thought of myself as the kind of person who might study a degree in Philosophy. But here I am, doing just that.
I want to be a journalist- or someone who travels and dishes their opinion about- but would philosophy be a useful degree to get me there?
I mean I like English but I think it's too hard- I've never really understood it. I feel like Philosophy is Literature but just kinder to my brain.
Anyway, Philosophy degrees- thoughts?

BTW for AS I got AAAAC in Economics, English Literature, Religious Studies, Spanish and History.

Hey, I know this is an old post but I have the exact same interests as you in terms of what you want to do. I was wondering what you actually ended up doing at uni as I am currently picking my a levels
Picking philosophy as something "easier" can hardly be considered as a good idea.
It's more like history with bizarre maths free from calculations but it doesn't exactly make it easier. A lot to memorize and a lot to undertand in terms of, how exactly the system works.

Jurnalism does not to be a sensible path for anyone. Too many people want to go this way.

Original post by RogerFedora
dishes their opinion about.

A journalist is not to have an opinion.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending