The Student Room Group

Do you think I'll be accepted into sixth form with 4 GCSEs?

So i got 4 GCSEs the other day but I passed all of the ones I want to take for A level and i've already been offered a place there.

Do some sixth forms accept 4? Because if not, I'm screwed.
Reply 1
Original post by Elibelly22
So i got 4 GCSEs the other day but I passed all of the ones I want to take for A level and i've already been offered a place there.

Do some sixth forms accept 4? Because if not, I'm screwed.

To my knowledge all the sixth forms I know require 5 A*-C including Maths and
English, however if your secondary school also has a Sixth form they may possibly allow you entry as you already go to the school. I hope your allowed in. Good Luck
Original post by S.abd
To my knowledge all the sixth forms I know require 5 A*-C including Maths and
English, however if your secondary school also has a Sixth form they may possibly allow you entry as you already go to the school. I hope your allowed in. Good Luck

What were the conditions of your offer? If the place is at your current sc!hool's sixth form, what were you told when you went to collect your results? If it is at another school or college, have they not had enrolment yet? (I don't know about the local colleges, but all the school sixth forms here expect you to confirm acceptance and enrol on results day, or at least within a day or two, but from the number of people on here who still seem to be dithering about places, I assume that other areas aren't quite so strict!).
Reply 3
You can always negotiate places at sixth form colleges. See it as an opportunity rather than thinking you're screwed. A new path. Lots of colleges are open places wanting a variety of people and that's what makes this time so exciting for you. Everyone has an option. Look around at different places and talk to the teachers there. They'll be very approachable and want to help.

Quick Reply

Latest