The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Maths and Further Maths calculator

I'm starting my A-Level Maths and Further Maths course next week and was wondering if I should purchase a graphical calculator or if a scientific calculator would be sufficient. If you have any recommendations, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
I agree that the standard scientific Casio ones are the best and will get you through A Levels and possibly university if you do maths. :smile:

This may seem like a slightly stupid question, however, are you allowed this to use this in the exams? I've seen some people saying you can and others saying you can't, they may be trolling, I just wanted to clarify. Thanks for the recommendation by the way.
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
This may seem like a slightly stupid question, however, are you allowed this to use this in the exams? I've seen some people saying you can and others saying you can't, they may be trolling, I just wanted to clarify. Thanks for the recommendation by the way.

You aren't allowed ones that do symbolic differentiation, integration, and algebra. This one doesn't do it symbolically, it gives you numerical answers so it doesn't break that rule. So I think you are allowed it and I have found no evidence that it is officially banned, but at the end of the day it's up to the exam invigilator if you're allowed it or not since they inspect them.
Original post by CIEBioloysifh

Yeah this one is allowed as above poster said. Its ones that can do algebraic manipulation which aren't
Reply 6
Most people in my year have the silver one, had no problems with invigilators but some did bring a spare just incase, people got a way with graphical calculators that done far more so it shouldn't be an issue if you use the one linked above.

Quick Reply

Latest