Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What type of clothes should I get

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

(Original post by theoneincontrol)
    Hello folks,I'm an international student coming to study in Manchester from the middle East where the temperature sometimes reaches 50°c.I know that the weather in Manchester is generally cold (15-20°c) compared to the middle East.So, I was wondering what kind of clothes should I get with me to Manchester? Long/short sleeved clothes? And what kind of clothes do the people of Manchester usually wear?Thanks
    You'll likely find Manchester very cold compared to the Middle East and very wet too. Bring clothes you can layer (short & long sleeved tshirts, sweaters, hoodies), and a good warm jacket with hood for rainy days. A warm hat, gloves, and a scarf wouldn't be a bad idea either. The uni can be quite a long walk from where you might live - for instance Fallowfield is a fair walk so bring comfortable shoes. There are a lot of reasonably priced buses up the road to the university but that soon digs into your budget and the walk is pretty nice imo.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy Manchester.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.