The Student Room Group

Will this hurt my career prospects in finance and banking?

I am currently studying at uni for a finance/economics degree and hope to work in the finance, banking or investment sectors in the future

I am looking for internships and I have an interview for a political charity (for Asia) on a voluntary basis but I am wondering whether I should go for it, or whether banks etc will look down on it?

I can cancel the interview and hence my application for this internship so do u recommend it ?

(I feel like going as the chance of getting internship on banks is hard so in summer if I don't get it I will atleast have this?)
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
Why not have the interview and see if you get it first?I doubt it will have a major impact on how your application will be perceived. Other factors will be far more important. Just make sure you have other opportunities/evidence of pursuing the career if it means you can't apply this time around.But if it was me, I'd be applying to both and then if I was in a situation where I obtained both, then make a decision on which one to decline.Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I thought that banks etc, don't like future employees who are into politics ? FYI the internship would not be at same time as my summer bank placement
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending