The Student Room Group

Forced to go 6th form help!

My mum is forcing me to go altrincham grammar for girls 6th form when I want to go sale grammar. I live closer to Sale and know people going there. I need all the help I can get to persuade my mum into letting me go sale. Thanks all who reply
Original post by akinaro
My mum is forcing me to go altrincham grammar for girls 6th form when I want to go sale grammar. I live closer to Sale and know people going there. I need all the help I can get to persuade my mum into letting me go sale. Thanks all who reply

To make a persuasive case for anything you need to be able to present strong reasons for your preference (my friends are going there is rarely going to cut it) and you need to be able to address the other persons reasons for their position.
So
Why do you want to go to Sale - what are the advantages that will make you successful in your study.
What is potentially wrong in your mothers preference?
Why does your mum want you to go elsewhere? Why does she think it will be better ? Is she right?
Why does she not want you to go to Sale?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
To make a persuasive case for anything you need to be able to present strong reasons for your preference (my friends are going there is rarely going to cut it) and you need to be able to address the other persons reasons for their position.
So
Why do you want to go to Sale - what are the advantages that will make you successful in your study.
What is potentially wrong in your mothers preference?
Why does your mum want you to go elsewhere? Why does she think it will be better ? Is she right?
Why does she not want you to go to Sale?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Her reasons are that it has better education and people usually get higher grades. My points were that sale is still a good school and still achieve high grades. Also it is nearer so it saves money from the met costs. I've said that grades are down to individual effort and by going to somewhere I want to go it will motivate me to work hard whereas being forced to go somewhere will make me want to work less. We keep going back and forth so I need something that will fully convince her, I think I'm close to convincing her though.

Quick Reply

Latest