The Student Room Group

Heelp oxford or cambridge?????

hello i achieved 6A*(MATHS, BIO,CHEM,PHYS,RELIGIOUS,GEOGRAPHY) 3As '(ENGLISH LIT, ENGLISH LANG,PSYCHOLOGY) and a B in french

is it wiser to apply for cambridge or oxford?
i am aware the oxford care more about your gcses but what does cambridge care about?
apply to cambridge i think. They don't care so much about gcse's, just do really well in your A levels, get high UMS in them..have a good personal statement and i think you should be fine
Oxford
I live in Cambridge, personally I'd go for it. Smaller and more beautiful place than Oxford, quicker link to London. Closer to coast as well if you're interested in that.
Oxford, your GCSEs are better than your AS.
Reply 5
Original post by Questions4367
hello i achieved 6A*(MATHS, BIO,CHEM,PHYS,RELIGIOUS,GEOGRAPHY) 3As '(ENGLISH LIT, ENGLISH LANG,PSYCHOLOGY) and a B in french

i am aware the oxford care more about your gcses but what does cambridge care about?

I'd say Cambridge. Oxford shortlist for interviews based on GCSEs and BMAT, and your GCSEs quite possibly won't get you an interview. Cambridge on the other hand, interview like 90% of applicants, so there's a shot there :smile:

-Ali
5th year Cambridge medic
Don't apply to Oxford. They are very GCSE heavy and statistically, it would be very difficult to secure a place with 6A*s. Cambridge would be a better option
Original post by Questions4367

Don't apply to Oxford because you'll likely get a pre-interview rejection. Only apply to Cambridge if your AS UMS is high.
Very unlikely you'd get into Oxford.

https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

Cambridge would depend on as ums and bmat.
I think Cambridge would be more sensible. Those GCSEs would be disadvantageous for Oxford.

Quick Reply

Latest