The Student Room Group

Gifted and talented GCSE grades

Scroll to see replies

I was in a group for English a few years ago, but nothing now, I went downhill :wink:
Seems like everyone is Gifted and Talented in Maths XD.
Me too but did decent in the rest too :wink:
Ive never even heard of this before so guess it doesn't include me or anyone I know.

Got 1 what?
Reply 24
Original post by Bernie2016
Ive never even heard of this before so guess it doesn't include me or anyone I know.

I'm not sure every school does it.
In my school most people were aware of it. But then they did quite a bit with us. We got to go to London lol.
Reply 25
Original post by Lucofthewoods
Well I don't know I've never got that label despite getting 9a*s yet a girl who got A'sand b's is defined as g and t at my school?

It varies a lot between schools. Before GCSEs I was G&T for subjects which certainly weren't my best, and it was just a bit of a school exercise.
At college, they took the top 35 to 40 students based on GCSEs for their G&T programme, which I think worked out as 3 or more A*s at GCSE.
This topic vexes me. G&T is so unnecessary - it means absolutely nothing in the end. Students should get the best grades that they are capable of without all these silly titles.
Reply 27
Original post by libertygrace
Got 1 what?

A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by libertygrace
Well I got none so well done

Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_JoKeR
Could someone give me a link that explains what a GT student is please? I can't seem to find anything

The G&T designation was binned about 4 years ago though some schools may have chosen to retain it. It never had a specific definition anyway.
Reply 30
Original post by Lucofthewoods
Minimum grades for a g and t student?

Entirely depends on your school. Assuming they have the scheme in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest