The Student Room Group

BTEC ICT level 3 extented diploma

hi, guys I'm about to start my ict btec L3 , im bit worried as I don't know what its like from classroom teaching to how your portfolio is graded , could someone give me some advice and tips , I'm good at course when I know what I have to do , but I hate having to do course in class hours , and also is there any exams ?
Relax! It's really easy!
You will have 18 different units. 9 units every year and you will do one unit at the time with one of your teachers.
I could freely do my work at home.
No exams.
If you have any other question I'm more than happy to help you!
Original post by ICEN_Prophet
Relax! It's really easy!
You will have 18 different units. 9 units every year and you will do one unit at the time with one of your teachers.
I could freely do my work at home.
No exams.
If you have any other question I'm more than happy to help you!

Thanks mate, another question is could you get a teacher to grade one whole unit before the deadline , so you are able to improve it
It really depends on your college and teachers.
I was able to get all of my units graded before the deadlines (achieved 18 distinctions). Teachers allowed you to ask them for feedback in class before you upload it. This way they could read through it and be able to give you some quick feedback. This gives room for some further improvements within the next few minutes. This was the best way "Hey Dan, can you please check my D3?" and he did! The absolute madman!
Reply 4
Same as the other person said, although they are bringing in some exams now so you'll need to check with your course.

A few tips, when you're doing a task look at the specific criteria for it. Like if it says something like " use user feedback" then you go "this and that person said this so I did this". If it asks you to explain why you did it, you go "I did it because". Basically make sure it's really clear that you did what the criteria asks. And I mean look at the actual criteria, not just the task.

Also make use of references. You should find sources that support your opinion. And if you directly quote it with a reference you can cross out like 200 words in a 1000 word task just by using quotes. And lecturers actually like if you use references and quotes to support your work.

I'm actually slowly uploading all my work to a blog so that might help, I can send you a link once I have some of the level 3 work up. Just never quote people from blogs, you can use them as research sources but all information found in a blog should be confirmed from a more reliable source
The blog thingy is not actually about 'reliable source' it's more problem of the plagiarism.
You can google the task name and you will get quite many results. It's a great way to get the clue of some tasks. Teachers don't want to see a quote copied from someone's piece of work.
Yeah.. It's still realllllllly easy! :smile:
Original post by Devify

I'm actually slowly uploading all my work to a blog so that might help, I can send you a link once I have some of the level 3 work up. Just never quote people from blogs, you can use them as research sources but all information found in a blog should be confirmed from a more reliable source

Saves me hours of marking time when students do this, my plagiarism checker locates this sort of cheating very easily.

Quick Reply