The Student Room Group

Do you agree or disagree with your parents' views on politics?

For example, do you and your parents support the same political party?
Do you have similar views on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, immigration?
Do you have similar views on economic policies like taxation, welfare spending, globalisation?

If your answer is no, what do you disagree with them on?
No, I support Labour, they support UKIP
Not at all, they agree with gay issues and abortion,p but disagree on immigration
Yes, we share similar views on the economy
Reply 2
We vote for different parties. I vote for tories while they vote for labour but saying that they will vote for Theresa May in the next election due to the shambles in labour. We also voted differently in the EU Referendum.
We mostly agree on social policy but differ a little on the economy
(edited 7 years ago)
my parents are a bunch of tories, my sister is a bleeding heart liberal, and I'm a libertarian

they all voted to remain, and I voted against
they all voted for the lib-lab-con and I voted UKIP
they all voted against AV and I *would have) voted in favour of it
etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope, but the older gen in my family are full of s***, and are pretty backwards, and yeah, I disagree with them.

Lol, just waiting for someone to tell me that they 'know my family better than me', just because a lot of them support their precious UKIP party.
(edited 7 years ago)
Step Dad is very left wing, strong Corbyn supporter. We have share some views, disagree strongly on others. Mum doesn't talk a lot of politics,. tends to vote Labour. Agree with my Dad on many things, shares the colder outlook on things I have, he finds Corbyn refreshing. I do...but wouldn't want him as prime minister. I'd probably say I'd vote Lib Dem if they had any serious chance of a majority, as it is I'm more likely to vote Tory than labour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending