Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Do you agree or disagree with your parents' views on politics?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

For example, do you and your parents support the same political party?
    Do you have similar views on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, immigration?
    Do you have similar views on economic policies like taxation, welfare spending, globalisation?

If your answer is no, what do you disagree with them on?

No, I support Labour, they support UKIP
    Not at all, they agree with gay issues and abortion,p but disagree on immigration
    Yes, we share similar views on the economy

We vote for different parties. I vote for tories while they vote for labour but saying that they will vote for Theresa May in the next election due to the shambles in labour. We also voted differently in the EU Referendum.
    We mostly agree on social policy but differ a little on the economy

my parents are a bunch of tories, my sister is a bleeding heart liberal, and I'm a libertarian

they all voted to remain, and I voted against
    they all voted for the lib-lab-con and I voted UKIP
    they all voted against AV and I *would have) voted in favour of it

Nope, but the older gen in my family are full of s***, and are pretty backwards, and yeah, I disagree with them.

Lol, just waiting for someone to tell me that they 'know my family better than me', just because a lot of them support their precious UKIP party.

Step Dad is very left wing, strong Corbyn supporter. We have share some views, disagree strongly on others. Mum doesn't talk a lot of politics,. tends to vote Labour. Agree with my Dad on many things, shares the colder outlook on things I have, he finds Corbyn refreshing. I do...but wouldn't want him as prime minister. I'd probably say I'd vote Lib Dem if they had any serious chance of a majority, as it is I'm more likely to vote Tory than labour.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.