The Student Room Group

Anyone rather disappointed with their GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

I'm very disappointed too. I got 5A's and 3B's but i was like 2 marks off an overall A* in a total of 4 subjects. But the worst thing is the regret that maybe if I worked just a little harder than I would have had more A*s.
I got 3 A*s 6 As and a B which i am extremely happy with. However, the B was in geography; my favourite subject. I came out of the exam very confident in an A or maybe even an A* but ended up with a mid B. I am getting it remarked as i am doing it for a level and my grade has made me feel as though i am not good enough for the subject at a level. I was also close to A*s in 3 other subjects🔫
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
I got 10 A*'s and 2 A's and felt disappointed as I felt that I had been on track to get all 12 A*s. I got my A's in English Literature and French. I had been working at a A/B all year in English Lit but in the weeks leading up to the exam I really upped my game and was achieving marks in the A* range so am a little disappointed to get an A. In French I had been predicted an A* but really messed up in my listening paper so my disappointment here is quite evident. Furthermore, I emailed my head of year to see whether I could see my percentages in both English Lit and French and to compound my disappointment I was only 1 percentage point off an A* in both English Lit and French. Therefore I am going to get the remarked and hopefully I'll be able to gain that extra 1 percent for both of the subjects to ease my disappointment and hopefully get a straight set of A*s
Reply 23
2As 2Bs 4Cs 2Ds - if I had worked harder I think there would be less of a range and more As and Bs. I am content about them, but the more I think about them the more I wished a tried harder to revise earlier.
Going to a failing school doesn't help as well:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm happy with everything except the C in maths. I really wanted a B, but the Edexcel grade boundaries destroyed any chances of that happening. At least I don't have to do maths ever again :adore:
Original post by imzeman
Just maths, I failed maths..

Yep, me too. By 2 marks.

I'm bitter.
Congratulations on everyone recieving their results , i hope you all got what you wanted.

I just wanted to know if these results would be good enough to get into competitive universities around the world and im planning to take on Law. Starting IB soon anyways

An honest and blunt opinion would be greatly appreciated.

IGCSE Results ( All Edexcel)

Biology -A*
Business -A ( 2 marks off- sending for remark)

ESL -A*
History- A*
Physics -A*
Maths- B

English language -B
English Literature B - 1 mark off . Sending for remark

Statistics B- 1 mark off

So all in all. 5A*. 1A . 4B.'s .

If i get the remark done and luck's on my side. 6A*. 1A. 3B's.

I just want to know your thoughts and if i should be satisfied and if they are good enough to get into good universities .

Thank you in advance for your valuable opinions and your time.

I reallly dont know how to feel with these results though
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 5A* 4A 2B 1C - my music teacher screwed me over, my coursework got moderated down from an A* to a D, getting me a B overall...

And I was 2 marks off an A* in maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 5A* 4A 2B 1C - my music teacher screwed me over, my coursework got moderated down from an A* to a D, getting me a B overall...

And I was 2 marks off an A* in maths (168/200) :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
5Cs 3Bs and 1A* very annoyed at myself but its enough for what I need to do so ill march on ):
You all did well and I can honestly relate with those of you who were one mark off the next grade in some of your subjects.
Use your GCSE results as a motivation to do really well in AS where it really matters!
GCSE English exam I got a D. This was my third attempt at at least a minimum of a C grade. I have been doing this since year 11 and it's now nearly 3 years on and I'm sick and tired of it. I can't be asked anymore and I must say, I think the whole system is a corrupt, diseased, joke. I'm not going to be trying again, because what's the point? Nothing I do will ever be enough for them.
I got an A*, 4 A's, 4 B's and a C. I would say I'm happy in all of them except from RE as I was only a few UMS marks off an A, which annoyed me as that's what I was working at all through the year. Tad bit annoyed that I was 2 UMS marks off an A* in History too, but doesn't really matter that much as I'm not taking it at AS.
Kind of disappointed,
Was expecting atleast 6A*
I got 4A* 6A 1B (A in maths :/) ; But they are still good i guess.
Was so close to an A* in like 4 subjects, but getting 2 remarked, doubt it will go up
Reply 35
i got As and an A* but a D in english and no i cant do any of my subject choices it makes no sense but i passed french and i got 2 u in the mock on foundation
Me. Definitely.
I got a D in drama! I don't know whether that's the saddest thing on the planet, or absolutely hilarious. I even did better in my ICT (the subject I claimed I would do worst in.) The only subject I'm honestly completely happy with is English. Rest, should have been a grade higher. (My fault, of course)
I got my results last year and I'm still annoyed at them. I got 2 A*s, 8 As and 2 Bs.

One of the Bs was sociology which I had been working at a solid A* in since year 10.
Maths was an A but could've been an A* if I hadn't panicked in the exams.
Chemistry could've been an A* if I hadn't done so crap in the coursework.
English language should've been an A* imo but I probably had a harsh examiner.
French would've been an A* if i'd done better in the listening exam.

So much would've been, could've been, should've been lmao.
I got 10A*, 3A and 1B

Incredibly disappointed in my A in music because I'm a grade 8 musician and when I received my remark, the examiner marked me a B in performance... Which examined gives a grade 8 musician a B at GCSE???

Anyway, that was last year's mark and this year my AS and A levels were alright so I suppose it makes up for my GCSEs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really disappointed
I got 6 A stars
and 5 As
but all my peers at school got 9 or more A stars
it's a selective grammar called The Henrietta Barnett School

What are my chances of getting into Oxford for PPE if I get all A stars in Econ, Maths, History and Further Maths next year?

Quick Reply

Latest