The Student Room Group

Smoking

Is it a deal breaker for you to date someone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends how much they smoke. I don't like smoking, but if it was (for example) 5-10 a day, always outside, away from kids etc. then I could deal with that :smile:
Reply 2
No. It isn't because shes only temporary anyway. It will just be one of those things
Reply 3
Deal breaker. If I'm going to be spending a lot of time around them, I really don't want to date a smoker. They've made their choice about smoking and thats fine, it's their life and all, but second hand smoke is still a problem.
I used to think it would be when I was younger, but no it's isn't a dealbreaker for me. I personally dislike smoking and don't want to be around it, but if you love someone you love them regardless.
Smoking lowkey attractive
nah - I'd just expect them to be more hygienic due to it
Complete turnoff for me if a guy smoked. Not just for shallow reasons - his breath smells, his skin will look nasty, his teeth and nails will be stained etc, but I wouldn't be able to be around someone I love burning away their lungs and living in the fear that they're 25 times more likelier to get lung cancer and die. Plus there's the issue of passive smoking and the risk to me as well, but that's less important.

I know people will say but what about if your partner drinks, you're watching them give themselves liver cancer surely- yeah maybe you're right, but when I was younger I had an illness which damaged my lungs and now I have permenant scarring. So it baffles me and frustrates me when I see someone who's been given a perfectly healthy pair of lungs CHOOSING to damage them, whilst there are others who would give anything to have healthy intact lungs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah don't want to be kissing an ashtray
Smoking isn't a nice habit, I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who smokes
Reply 10
Not for me
Social smoker, probably. Constant smoking would put me off.
Original post by candymonster

I smoke occasionally more social than anything so I'd be ok with it as long at it was like 5 a day
but no not 10+ a day

Instant deal breaker, even if they smoke 'occasionally'. :getmecoat:

Original post by Ezme39
Depends how much they smoke. I don't like smoking, but if it was (for example) 5-10 a day, always outside, away from kids etc. then I could deal with that :smile:

:wtf: 5-10 A DAY? Whether you smoke 1 or Over 9000 its still smoking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stillridin
Smoking lowkey attractive

What is attractive about busting a nut inside someone who's sweet walls
aren't decaying essentially? Yellow teeth, horrible breath, pale skin, stained fingernails, damaged lungs of which I'd doubt they'd even have stamina to last long. :laugh:
Not really. For as long as the person doesn't overdo it, it's fine.

Given that electronic cigarettes exist, there is no reason in 2016 for anyone to still be using tobacco.
depends wha they smoking lol
cigarettes and weed ok
rocks, no.

Cigrarettes are but only if your addicted
Defo deal breaker for me. I don't want to French kiss someone who tastes bad and smells of smoke. But if I liked them enough, I'd help them get off it.

Quick Reply