The Student Room Group

GCSE Grades

So I know this is a little late but I've been thinking about stuff and decided to make another one of the dreaded are my grades good enough posts. I got 5Cs 3Bs and 1A* (In maths) and im really concerned I've screwed up my entire future. Ive gotten into my sixth form but I keep hearing from my parents about how no university will accept me since I didn't get a B in english lit or language ): I really want to study Physics at a good university but feel like that is impossible now...
Reply 1
I know people are sick of these threads but they really matter to us ):
why don't you re take English language at sixth form whilst still doing your chosen a levels?
Reply 3
Original post by Bernie2016
So I know this is a little late but I've been thinking about stuff and decided to make another one of the dreaded are my grades good enough posts. I got 5Cs 3Bs and 1A* (In maths) and im really concerned I've screwed up my entire future. Ive gotten into my sixth form but I keep hearing from my parents about how no university will accept me since I didn't get a B in english lit or language ): I really want to study Physics at a good university but feel like that is impossible now...

I cannot stress enough that GCSES are merely a stepping stone to A-Level and University's only want a C or above if that Top universities are no exception I know someone who got D's at GCSE and did really well at A-Levels and went to Cambridge! You mustn't overlook you got an A* in maths which I think is really really good! and your results may seem to you personally as not good enough but honestly they are actually pretty good! And if you are going to study physics they don't care about English or English lit I promise you 😂 And also ignore parents and prove them wrong by succeeding 😊
Reply 4
Most places only want a C I think in English. There may be some courses that want a B so maybe check and if they don't, don't worry about it and then work hard on A levels but if they do then you could redo it as already suggested or if you were only a few marks off a B talk to your teachers to see if it'll be worth getting a remark.

Try not to worry about it too much. Everything will work out in the end 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply