The Student Room Group

Dont know what to do to revise for English GCSEs

I will be doing 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding for my literature exam. I know that I will need to analyse key quotes but as a whole I'm not good at wording paragraphs and end up overwriting to like 7 pages.
For the language I'm not to so good at the 20 mark question as I waste time so I really want to revise to get this right any suggestions please!!
Original post by moneyzv
I will be doing 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding for my literature exam. I know that I will need to analyse key quotes but as a whole I'm not good at wording paragraphs and end up overwriting to like 7 pages.
For the language I'm not to so good at the 20 mark question as I waste time so I really want to revise to get this right any suggestions please!!

Are you at school or doing GCSE English privately?

If the former, what has your teacher been telling you you need to improve to achieve your desired target/grade?

It's best to get some advise from your teacher who knows your writing ability in both English subjects. Have a sit down with them and discuss any major concerns you have and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you!
For literature, as revision, make a bunch of essay plans for some titles that might possibly come up - it's always good to plan things.

For language, all you can really do is do some past papers and hope for the best :biggrin:. Any that you do, give to your teacher to mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending