The Student Room Group

Results not as expected

Hi,
Today I got my AS results and found out I got C, C, D, which is not as well as I had hoped. However I am hoping to go to Lincoln in 2017 to study criminology where the entry requirement is B, C, C. Will they even consider me now? Would you recommend that I retake the subject that I got a D in?
Also how much of an impact would an EPQ have on getting into uni?
Thanks for the help
Original post by elliesaurus1998
Hi,
Today I got my AS results and found out I got C, C, D, which is not as well as I had hoped. However I am hoping to go to Lincoln in 2017 to study criminology where the entry requirement is B, C, C. Will they even consider me now? Would you recommend that I retake the subject that I got a D in?
Also how much of an impact would an EPQ have on getting into uni?
Thanks for the help

Yes just make sure you are predicted at least BCC by your teachers and they will 100% consider you, you'll most likely get an offer. If you think you can bring up the D to a higher level without it affecting your results next year then yes it's worth resitting.
Reply 2
Yes they might still consider you, I'm not saying the probability is high, but there's still a chance, CCD isnt terrible and you could get into quite a few unis with that, i would consider resitting as a last resort
Reply 3
Original post by elliesaurus1998
I am hoping to go to Lincoln in 2017 to study criminology

...why?
Original post by Profesh
...why?

cos she wants to study criminology at Lincoln

Quick Reply