The Student Room Group

Washing hair

Hellooooo,

I was getting my hair trimmed on Friday and my hairdresser had a massive rant about how often I was my hair.

I wash it every day if I'm going out, I hate the feel of dirty hair and it looking unwashed.

She is right though, it is drying out badly. I hate dry shampoo and I don't like the thought of leaving it unwashed for too long...

Any other tips to keep fresh hair without shampooing it everyday?
Original post by Emizi
Hellooooo,

I was getting my hair trimmed on Friday and my hairdresser had a massive rant about how often I was my hair.

I wash it every day if I'm going out, I hate the feel of dirty hair and it looking unwashed.

She is right though, it is drying out badly. I hate dry shampoo and I don't like the thought of leaving it unwashed for too long...

just rinse it with cold water every day and shampoo a couple times a week. Its not rocket physics.
Reply 2
Not an hair expert but after you shampoo maybe put a leave in conditioner? Or oil in your hair to give your hair nutrients and keep it moisturized?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great tip is to only wash it like 2/3 times a week with a shampoo and wash it in between those days with conditioner. The conditioner will gently wash your hair while simultaneously giving it the moisture it needs. I do this as I have extremely curly hair and it dries out quickly so I can't wash it every day - doing this keeps it clean and moisturised; my hair is almost never dry :smile: Also make sure you find the right hair products for your hair type to use during and after hair washing to lock in the moisture and keep your hair healthy!
Original post by imjustnotnormal
Great tip is to only wash it like 2/3 times a week with a shampoo and wash it in between those days with conditioner. The conditioner will gently wash your hair while simultaneously giving it the moisture it needs. I do this as I have extremely curly hair and it dries out quickly so I can't wash it every day - doing this keeps it clean and moisturised; my hair is almost never dry :smile: Also make sure you find the right hair products for your hair type to use during and after hair washing to lock in the moisture and keep your hair healthy!

Thanks for sharing. Frankly speaking, great tip! I want to try. If I do it, I'll write about my experience.
Reply 5
by washing every day your washing out the oils and nutrients it needs to be healthy.

•

wash every 2-3 days

•

wash twice

•

condition once (wash it out properly, if it feels soft/slippy/slimy - its not washed out properly)

•

dont tie it up when its still went

That's the same problem all girls have. Just wash you hair once or twice a week because you arent supposed to wash it everyday or it will get really dry. Use oil or hair moisturiser for the days you don't wash it and it shouldn't dry out again and stop using dry shampoo, long term uses of it can damage your hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I usually wash it only with conditioner and then once a week I use shampoo. Shampoo washes off your natural oils and dries out hair while the conditioner moisturises it. Also only pit shampoo on the scalp, it running down as you wash it out is enough for your hair to be cleaned. And add the conditioner to your hair while ignoring the scalp and roots
You can wash hair everyday using cold water only and use shampoo twice in a week
Original post by Emizi
Hellooooo,

Dry shampoo!
Reply 10
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Dry shampoo!

I hate how it feels, though I have started using it now to stop washing as much. Already noticed a difference in my hair.

Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply